Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Grainy Windshield

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Big Iron 
#1 ·
I've noticed the windshield on my 2011 ECO is grainy/fuzzy with zig zag type stirations running throughout. Is this normal?

#4 ·
Ha, yes winshield is clean. It would be difficult to photograph, the stirations are very small. I will try to get a picture.

I'm thinking it is some type of OEM treatment to the glass, my wife's Escape is the same way. I noticed mine when the car was new.

#5 ·
The front windshield is acoustically insulated glass. There is a thin sheet of acoustic laminate somewhere in the glass, though I don't know all the details on it. I have noticed it at certain angles on my car as a slight waviness (if that's a word). The Malibu and Equinox have this as well and looking at them in our showroom I can see the same thing on all three vehicles. My guess is that what you are seeing is normal but you might want to go by a dealership with your car and compare it to another one on the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.