Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

Tags
cruze today
395K views 2K replies 343 participants last post by  Cruzing12 
#1 ·
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!

#2 ·
Well I would have originally washed it, and cleaned the inside out like I planned...but ill use tomorrow to get some things done for labor day weekend =].

#7 ·
I drove IT to work where I make Bacon for Danny and Jon because they keep doing it wrong . J is still driving to vegas and kermit is in the trunk with some one I could not say cause this snifter of white has been keeping me company . Jon keeps picking up ugly woman named smurfette or georgette something and then there is Kate .

#8 ·
I washed it to get the 1500 miles of bugs off the front.. It literally looked like someone died on the front of my car.. Car Grille Chevrolet Vehicle Bumper

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: nike12000
#9 · (Edited)
Turned over 12000 miles at 6 mos of ownership and put my K&N air filter back since the car feels like no power. 2 reasons I think: Hotter than the sun and dry and using 89 octane. Considering retuning. Maybe the compression issue I thought I had that my dealer avoided and said it is normal for the car to roll in gear with the engine shut off! And my MPG/power IMO still sucks!!!!!!! I think I need to drive a 2013 Eco and compare!

#12 ·
I might regap my plugs today if I feel some initiative strike me in the face. Probably not though lol
It's only going to take 10 minutes of initiative, so you don't have to muster up much initiative LOL

#15 ·
You are not the only one who does that! I have done that myself from time to time. Do not feel that bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
And my MPG/power IMO still sucks!!!!!!! I think I need to drive a 2013 Eco and compare!
My 2011 ECO 6M just keeps getting better (mpgs and performance) at 19000 miles. As far as what I did today to my Cruze - just drive it. Monday the plan is to rotate tires and put on wheel spacers and reset the TPMS.

#23 ·
Where have you been smurf ? and now you want to sticky his thread , when in all likely hood Danny will . now why have you not posted up with me boys ?

#24 ·
Today, I had to clay bar again and wax because, like a doofus, yesterday I parked under a tree at the gym that was dropping some sort of things about the size of an M&M. Except that they contained sap rather than melt in your mouth not in your hand chocolate. Oh, well, it looks nice again but there were spots of sap all over it.

Keeps me off the streets, I guess.

#25 ·
Whoops. If there is another like this my apologies. I got this idea from another forum, it's been active for years and people still post.

I'm an idiot anyway. I went to gap the plugs and realized that I didn't have the proper plug gapper at my house I only had the checker. So, I tried to gap them the "tricky" way. Needless to say I bent an electrode a little bit on one of the spark plugs and of course none of the local stores have them. Ordered one off ebay. It's not bad at all but alas I don't want to take any chances. Going to grab my right gapper and do it properly instead of half assing it (I knew better too)

#27 ·
I ran my GPS power wire into the dash and down through the center console behind the access panel at the driver's foot well. Burnt my hand on two metal pipes in there (have no idea what they are for, but they are hot as **** even after the car being parked for a few hours!)

#30 ·
I also dropped a quarter and it hit my shift handle while in PARK and slid down the plastic sheath covering the shifter slot and towards the cup holders, but disappeared in the crack at the bottom of the shifter slot before I could grab it. It sounded like it hit the floor underneath the shift assembly but inside of the center console, but I couldn't find it.

Is there anything in there that the quarter could cause a problem with?

#29 ·
Makes sense. I meant to look into this and forgot.

They are VERY close to the driver's side access panel, and get extremely hot. I'm wondering how that plastic is going to hold up in the long run.

#31 ·
I washed my car for about 2 hours...then I let it dry for a few hours afterwards, then came back out to the garage where my cruze is 90% of the time and cleaned the inside and outside windows again. The front and back window really needed it again because of that **** film that gets back on there after awhile. I haven't cleaned the inside windows for about a month...so that gives you some room to do the insides lol. That's if you use a good quality glass cleaner and towels like what I use. I use Detailers Pro Series Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner and waffle weave glass towels. These two combos are perfect together lol. Sundays plans for my car consists of cleaning and polishing my wheels, and cleaning the inside out. (Atleast finish it. Practically have dusting and vaccuming to do). Monday, since I have the day off for labor day, im doing my final inspection stuff.( Shine the paint with my favorite detailer Meguiars ultimate quik wax, and re clean the windows on the outside). Maaaaaan my car is going to look spotless again hahaha. I love it when my most prized possession is looking its best =]=]=]

#32 ·
#33 ·
I should park mine in his Garage say like once a week or so , then I would not have to work on IT .....................

#34 ·
#35 ·
Update - so I was fed up with the rear license plate and frame rattling every time I closed the trunk on my Cruze-sounded so cheap. I ordered two dynamat license plate kits (w/o frames) one for my Cruze and one for my GTO. Did the mod and now rattle gone. Paid about 10 bucks total for the two kits. Tomorrow at 9am will be rotating tires, adding 10 mm aluminum wheel spacers and resetting TPMS.