Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Can someone look at their windshield for me?

Tags
windshield
9K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  chevycruze2012 
#1 ·
Noticed this in the morning sunlight
Vehicle Car Road Mode of transport Automotive exterior

Noticed what looks like the soundproofing is popping through. It looks like there is sealant around most of the bottom edge of the windshield except the corners. Is this normal on everyone else's? If not ill have the dealer look at it tomorrow.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have just a smidgen of sound proofing showing, but I have to look for it.

#4 ·
I can't say I've ever noticed anything, but here's what mine looks like. I'm usually heading east into the sun in the morning and west into the sun in the afternoon...

#6 ·
Noticed this in the morning sunlight
View attachment 8686

Noticed what looks like the soundproofing is popping through. It looks like there is sealant around most of the bottom edge of the windshield except the corners. Is this normal on everyone else's? If not ill have the dealer look at it tomorrow.

Ive actually seen this on a cruze I test drove earlier this year and thought to myself "there needs to be better quality control"

#8 ·
Lordstown. At least they aren't hanging coke bottles in the fenders.

#9 ·
Here's the same view with an 18V Makita flashlight shining on it:

#12 ·
Mine isn't as bad as yours but I certainly noticed it. My uneducated guess is that that it comes from the dash side rather than the windshield side. I'd welcome suggestions for a fix rather than a trip to the dealer.

#19 ·
rmass09,
I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with this concern. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#18 ·
Noticing driver's side window wind noise again, packing it with foam is not a long term solution. Now back to the dealer for a new weather strip, ironically, the other three windows are quiet, same wind.

Windshield installation is very clean my my 2012 2LT, somebody at Lordstown must have been having a bad day with yours.

#20 ·
NickD,
I would like to apologize for the issue you are having with your Cruze. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#26 ·
Yep. Curved dash "cubby" and fuzzy windshield. Could be worse.

#29 ·
Just thought I'd quickly chime in. My 2012 Eco that I leased back in February had the same problem as shown in the OP's picture, but not quite as severe. I just got a long pair of tweezers and was able to push it all back down between the dash and windshield. That was just one of probably a dozen minor annoyances on my Cruze that are all adding up to make me not want another Chevy.

#31 ·
Just thought I'd quickly chime in. My 2012 Eco that I leased back in February had the same problem as shown in the OP's picture, but not quite as severe. I just got a long pair of tweezers and was able to push it all back down between the dash and windshield. That was just one of probably a dozen minor annoyances on my Cruze that are all adding up to make me not want another Chevy.
:( Ugh. That's the stuff I hate to hear. But I understand where you're coming from. I had an 09 Malibu, first car I ever bought, and it was brand new. Good lord, I was more excited the day I traded that thing than the day I picked it up.

#30 ·
Sorry to hear you guys have this annoying issue. I'll bring this up to the boss-lady I know in the QC dept, and see if I can find anything out. ;)

#32 ·
Got done with the dealer today and they did their best to fix it without having to take apart the dash which is good enough for me. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
. He said the gap in the sealant is consistent accrossed several Cruze's on their lot but my amount of soundproofing showing was abnormal. Guy who sat there fixing it didn't look too thrilled but whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.