20" light bar install!! :) - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 20" light bar install!! :)

KY.JellyRS is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by 203-CRUZER View Post
    Looks very good! You should take pics from the driver seat, at night!! I'm very curious....what made it take 8hrs of fighting it? I know for myself, bumper removal and reinstall, would take me 20 minutes. So..then there's placement. How does it mount - zip ties or provided brackets? Either way, I'd figure out that part as well. No problem. My only issue would be the electrical. How is the electrical part? Single wire? Splicing? Did you incorporate a toggle switch...or is it set to turn on auto with the lights?? I know there's a lot of questions. Just interested in doing this myself!
    This is the light bar and harness I bought! And let me tell you man it's hella bright! I've fooled around and flashed a friend as their walking to get into my car or something and they say it's like someone just took a picture with a giant camera! Lol I highly recommend the light bar, the harness made everything alittle easier not worrying bout a toggle switch or going through the firewall and the dreadful fuse taps! (I hate them things) lol and the ability to turn the light on with the car being off is actually an awesome feature! The bumper was a huge pain in the A** once actually having the bar mounted!

I actually got lucky and mounted the light bar right to the bumper frame! (The actual bumper) the height lined up perfectly after removing those useless plastic pieces attracted to the grille! I'm not sure how much different the mounting would be but if I had to do it again I'd probably choose a single row curved 20-23" for that spot only bc I had to dremel out alittle of the opposite side of the grill and it still currently aim higher than I like! But I think that setup would fit better even though it probably won't be as bright! I took a couple pictures while driving the other day but they don't do it justice at all but these pics were taken with my HID headlights on as well,

ImageUploadedByAG Free1453733729.034913.jpgImageUploadedByAG Free1453733743.173288.jpg

Eyourlife 20 Inch Light Bar Osram LED Chips Work Light Bar 4D Led Light Bar High Power 210w Wartweproof 4X4 SUV UTE ATV UTV Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017KCE4SO..._VqJPwb8AP4NMG

[380w HD-Remote] LED Light Bar Wiring Harness Off Road [2 Lead 9ft] • Dimmer • Strobe • Keychain Remote • 80ft Range • Plug and Play • Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0172IYSF0..._KrJPwbDWWEHN7

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

In the pictures it looks like you have either the HID poorly aimed or not using a retrofit set, or the light bar is aimed much too high into trees. is this just how the picture looks?

I don't have projectors installed yet! But the light bar is aimed slightly high like stated in the earlier replys! I had already worked on it far longer than I wanted to so left the part of aiming the light for a later day! It still isn't really bad where it is beings it doesn't blind people if I forget it on ImageUploadedByAG Free1453789516.638473.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

gotcha, well in that case hop to it lol. you need to run a retro fit to have the hid make any proper lighting effect and not blind the heck out of others and yah the light bar can always be done some other weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pandrad61 View Post
    gotcha, well in that case hop to it lol. you need to run a retro fit to have the hid make any proper lighting effect and not blind the heck out of others and yah the light bar can always be done some other weekend
    Yeah yeah yeah...here comes the scolding lol jk but yeah I'm slowly getting closer and closer to considering trying but would really like the have a back up pair of headlights just incase the worst of the worst happens and I can't drive my Cruze for a couple days before ordering new ones and if that happens I'm just going to buy led projector aftermarkets but don't wanna spend the money if the retrofits actually work bc then I gotta choose HID retros or LED plug and play lol

Driver's Ed
    Very cool setup. Question - did that affect your engine temperature at all? I had a two-row LED bar on my Saturn and it blocked so much air that the fan was running all the time. I went with a single-row bar and life is much better. Given that the ECO blocks that part of the grille, I figured it wouldn't have an adverse reaction, but I'd rather ask than attempt it only to have to take it back out.

Thanks,
    Ed

you can swap from a eco grill to non eco that opens up a lot of extra cooling in exchange for drag
    67.3 Mpg....18HR, 2 drivers 60mph long haul..Would be better without EPA in the car

6th Gear
    Does this actually help you to see further down the road or just annoy the guy coming at you;>) I am always leery about headlight type mods as I hate being blinded so I do not want to blind others. Not trying to be a downer, just courteous.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2014 Chevy Cruze LT auto (Hidden Content , Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards)
    2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
    2007 Chevy Cobalt
    1988 Dodge Aries K SE 2dr (Hidden Content ) also in Hidden Content
    1971 AMC Javelin 3-spd
    1973 Gremlin X 3-spd

Driver's Ed
    @KY.Jelly ill be doing a roof bar (and grill bar and lower bumper) here soon and possibly doing a write up on it! Once i get it finished ill shoot some tips and possibly a how to your way. Should be starting my project in a week or so!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

20" light bar install!! :)

[img] https://media3.giphy.com/media/10i38tMVvCAhO/giphy.gif [img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.