Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Jay1185's '12 LS

Tags
jay1185
7K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  jay1185 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my '12 Ice Blue Metallic LS. I made sure to not get an amp'ed stereo! 63k miles.

All I've done so far is install my stereo(*) and Plasti-Dipped the rear chrome strip in Gunmetal. Still craving 1LT wheels!!

I'm considering Plasti-Dipping the entire car. And, If I score 1LT wheels, they'd be Dipped too.

*-Byebye Onstar, door chimes and blinker clicks! Good riddance!

Anyway, the goods.

Kenwood KDC-HD262U

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Center console

I used inline splicers from the Kenwood's harness into the vehicle harness for the speakers and +12V Constant. Then, like many others, I used the cig lighter (+) for the Ignition Turn On. The amp remote is from the head unit, like normal. I keep it simple.

Audiopipe APCL-3002, (2x) Audiopipe TS-VR12, Sealed, Chambered 1.25 cu. ft each, box. 8ga power and ground, 12ga Kicker speaker wire.
Car subwoofer Subwoofer Trunk Audio equipment Vehicle

The gunmetal Plasti-Dip
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Motor vehicle

Plans:
-Less restrictive intake
-Throaty exhaust
-1LT wheels
-Matte Plasti-Dip, either dark blue, dark green or black
-6x9's

See less See more
#2 ·
That's Nice !

#9 ·
Just a few updates. Crunching in things before we hit the track this Friday!

Plasti-Dipped grille, front emblem trim, lower bumper and side filler pieces black. I'm quite pleased with the way the front looks now, subtly aggressive.

Automotive exterior Bumper Grille Trunk Auto part
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Helmet

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet

The next warm day we get this week, I'll be doing the wheels, rear emblem, rear chrome trim, CRUZE badge(I need to pick up a matching N, btw), and the lower portion of the bumper(see next pic), all in black.

I'd like to get to the door handles, window chrome trim and side mirrors, but, we'll see!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Vehicle registration plate

Have a good one, everybody!

#11 ·
Looks nice. The 1LT rims will look great. I personally really like the look of the 1LT rims. I would also suggest adding the OEM fogs. It will make the front look even better, and they are nice for driving at night. You could also put a tablet or phone holder in place of the old infotainment screen. I really wish GM wouldn't tie vehicle settings into the stereo. There are only a few minor settings, but you can never change them now.

#15 ·
Thanks! I'm not too big on fog lights, I like a clean look. I was considering a tablet, now I just put my phone(in it's big rubber case) up there lol. Yeah, I'm not worried about changing settings. As long as it locks and unlocks with the key and my dome comes on, I could care less what lights light up lol. My climate controls still work perfectly too!

#19 · (Edited)
Apologies again, I don't see how I missed this post.

The bumper was really easy.
-You'll need: A T20 torx tool; Flat and philips screwdrivers; Needle-nosed pliers; Tiny hook set (Straight, 90*, 45* and curved); and some patience, lol.

-Three torx screws in the front of each wheel well, then, every screw on the bottom holding on the bumper. Mine had a philips screw on the bottom, on each side, as the outer screw on the rubber.
-The flat screwdriver and pliers are for all of the annoying plastic clips.

The only part that is rough is undoing the bumper from the car. The clip system they use is ridiculous. I got lucky and didn't break ANY. 'Cause I'm good like that haha. JK. I broke 1 tiny one, closest to the wheel well.

Kinda how this guy does it, but I used the hooks instead of a screwdriver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yckJz_Gs16Q

Happy Cruzen, everyone!

#20 ·
Upd8s:

Big thanks to buster502 for my LT rims!!! They're being mounted and balanced as I type! I can't wait to dip em!

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

Also, I got my two DROK 12v 0-200v voltmeters for the pocket beneath my head unit. One will be the vehicle's voltage, the other is for the amp's voltage. They light up blue, as I tested them on my battery.

Technology Auto part Electronic device

Mounted alongside the bass knob: (I didn't do the wiring yet)

Vehicle Car Electronics Vehicle audio Multimedia

Have a good day, everyone!

#21 ·
Some moar upd8s:

Got the voltmeters wired up!
Vehicle Car Multimedia Electronics Technology

Dipped the wheels: (The front left one peeled by one of the lug nuts, my own dumb fault. I'll redo that rim tomorrow, I have to work in an hour.)
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Alloy wheel

I took her down the track once, haha. With T/C and ESC off, my launch was okay, not too much spinning... ...But, I dumped the clutch into 2nd gear and bogged lol... I fail.
Number Material property Font
Text Receipt Font Label

Happy Cruzen, everyone!

#22 ·
Dipped the wheels: (The front left one peeled by one of the lug nuts, my own dumb fault. I'll redo that rim tomorrow, I have to work in an hour.)
ProTip: When dipping the wheels, do them off of the car and put quarters in the holes where the lugs go. This will prevent the lug from gripping the dip and tearing when you tighten them!

#29 ·
One Year Later...

So, I've had 'Veronica' for 1 year today. Still glad to say that I'm madly in love with her! 85k miles now, we started at 63k. I do a lot of driving!

Nothing has changed, except some of the dip is peeling, but it held up considerably well for 1 year of midwest weather!
I did acquire a decklid spoiler from a local Cruzer. Another local is selling me a set of Eibach lowering springs in 2-4 weeks. I'm also going to pick up on a set of mudguards.

Some recent pictures!

Last (Definitely not least) I had to sneak in a pic of myself and the lady's ride. 2014 Impala LT 3.6L! (305bhp, 264ft.lb) Such a blast to drive, smooth car!

To wrap it all up... She's been an amazing car, I would definitely recommend! So glad I haven't had ANY problems yet!!

Peace and Safe Travels!
-Jay

#31 ·
Thank you very much! They lost some quality since I shrank them for size purposes. Though, in 2017 I doubt that I need to do that anymore. (90's nerd)

I might try to get some better shots after the dip is redone and springs are installed, though. The wheel gap is real! (And I have 2 new stickers on the window since these pics were taken, lol)

Also, I so badly want to do I/H/E+Tune, but, warranty! One more year to decide if I'm keeping and modifying...

If anyone near Southern IL / St. Louis, MO would like to do pics or a meetup, we have a small group of Cruzen. We're always looking for more people! (STLCruze&Sonic - https://www.facebook.com/groups/889209477783093/)

Peace, and Happy Cruzin!
-Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.