7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  GMMillwright 
#1 · (Edited)
So far:
1. 18% window tint
2. Black vinyl bowtie overlays
3. De-badge rear decklid
4. 6000k DDM Tuning HID kit
5. LED bulbs inside and out
6. Tinted tail light housings (going darker now the LEDs are in)
7. KSport coilovers installed. Sitting at 25 3/4" front and rear. After it settles, I'll raise the rear to 26", I think. Dampers set for 10 turns off full firm in front, 15 off full firm in the rear. Haven't driven it enough to know if I'll keep those settings. Ride is firmer, but not terrible.

Next up:
1. Wheels! Front runner so far is Vertini Magic. Black with machined face. 19x8.5 +35 with a 245/40/19 tire. Might end up with a 235 tire.

They'll be a tight fit, but here's a picture for proof:

See less See more
#4 ·
Those nice skinny sidewall low profile tires might make the ride more rough than your suspension ... maybe. Wonder what the combination will be like with both low-pro tires & stiffer suspension.

Car does look good though

Reactions: IndyDiesel
#5 · (Edited)
Still undecided on wheels and tires. Along with the Vertini's, I like a few of TSW's wheels.

TSW Mechanica. 19x8, rotary forged, less worry about any rubbing:

TSW Rascasse. 19x8

TSW Bristol. 19x8.5 (+40), easy to keep clean.

#6 ·
I kinda like the last one (Bristol). Would like to see photoshopped on the car.

#7 ·
I have never done many mods to my cars, yikes the stance and the wheels on the Gray car looks really sweet. :grin:

#8 ·
Ordered the TSW Mechanica today. 19x8 +35. Getting the Pirelli P7 All Season Plus in 235/40/19. Local Discount Tire gave me a pretty good deal on the package. New wheels, tires, TPMS, lugs/locks, lifetime road hazzard warranty and lifetime balancing. Out the door for $2400. Pretty good deal for a forged wheel, imo. Should be installed next week.

#9 ·
Post pics when they are on!

#11 · (Edited)
Got the wheels and tires installed today. Very happy with how they look. Discovered the rear end assembly isn't centered in the car. Probably 3/4" offset to the driver's side. Have some rub marks on the sidewall of the driver's side rear tire. Going to raise the rear a bit tomorrow. Ride is not harsh at all with the 19s.

Close up of driver's side:

#13 · (Edited)
Had the rear raised about 3/4" and re-aligned yesterday.

#15 ·
Got the ScanGuage II installed tonight.

#16 ·
Reactions: GMMillwright
#17 ·
Had the car professionally detailed by SweetCars, Fort Wayne, Indiana. They did a full paint correction and "Gold Package" with 3 coats of Ceramic Pro 9H ceramic paint protection, full leather treatment inside, glass treatment and a coating on the wheels. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Car had some pretty nasty scratches in the hood and roof when I took delivery. The car was dealer located from Chicago area. Think it sat outside during the winter and they used a broom to clean off snow. Car turned out great. Pics:

Info on Ceramic Pro:

Ceramic Pro Americas - The New Face of Coating Technologies

#18 ·
Finally took the plunge. Ordered the Fleece tuner and a K&N filter. Going to wait on the delete until warranty on the emissions stuff expires. At least that's what I'm telling myself now, lol.

Reactions: BradHerr
#21 ·
That car looks fantastic.

#23 ·
Tint ran me $140, IIRC.

#24 ·
Update: Just finishing my first tank of fuel with the +30 hp Fleece tune installed. Averaged 40.7 mpg, which is slightly above my last several tanks' average.

Tune impressions: Seems the throttle tip-in is softer than stock. I expected noticeable difference in power and, especially, torque from idle to 3500 rpm. Nope. Having said that, really noticeable power increase above 3000 rpm all the way to shift point at 4500. Going to use the +40 hp tune for the next tank. Stay tuned...

#25 ·
After driving on the Fleece +40 hp tune for a few tanks of fuel, decided that I would take the plunge and have Fleece Performance "delete" my car. Their shop is 2 hours from me, so decided to make a day of it and head down there after my shift ended at 0730 Tuesday morning. Made it there without any issues and go to meet John, a Cruzetalk member and Fleece sales rep. My wife followed me down and we left the car and did some Christmas shopping while the work was done. Other than taking almost 2 hours longer than anticipated, I'm happy with the final product. Car comes into the power band much earlier than before. By 2000 rpm, the torque is really ramping in. Pulls hard all the way to shift point at 4300 rpm. It'll never be a race car, but it gets from 40 to 80+ mph pretty darn quickly. I did the delete for the economy, not the performance. Indy traffic was awful. 30 minutes in creep and (not) go traffic really killed the average. I reset them after I finally got semi-cleared highway. In spite of really gusty headwinds the entire trip home, my averages were all "best ever". Easily 10% better than before. Saw some incredible instant numbers as well. 60 mpg at 68 mph on flat ground!

Only negatives about the modification. Notice diesel exhaust smell in cabin when idling at stop lights. No terrible, but certainly there. Also, was a little surprised that I wasn't offered a little something for having to wait so long for the car to be done. Just good business, in my opinion. Spent $1800 on the tuner and delete. Not even a sticker or 2. Or a t-shirt for free advertising. Whatever.

Overall, I recommend the delete. More power, more economy. Win win. Shame that they're the only game in town right now and can set the price accordingly. Looking forward to big economy numbers, in spite of winter blend diesel and colder weather that's ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.