Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

My Cruze

Tags
cruze
5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  grs1961 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I am working on my Chevy Cruze 2011. I am going to be doing ALOT to the car, from engine to suspension to stereo to body, it will go up to what I am hoping 275bhp, with a 145/150dB stereo, and 2/3 inches of lowing.
I will post more pictures of what I have done as well as what I am still doing
Here is the car from the night I bought it until now :)

Stereo is going in next, going with a Kenwood Double DIN with nav.
5000Watt RMS amp (Have not picked brand)
2 12" DD 9500 Subs
than Kaption or Hertz Speakers all around hooked into their own amp.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I keep sitting here and wondering, "How is he going to get five kilowatts out of any alternator that will fit under the hood??"

A five kilowatt alternator weighs in at about 75-100 kilograms, last time I looked, and is... big... About as big as a 1.4 litre petrol engine...

I think a 1.4 could spin it, it puts out 100 kilowatts, and a fair bit of torque...

Oh, maybe there is going to be a wind-power rotor on the roof, I think you only need two metre blades to generate five kilowatts...

#11 ·
I keep sitting here and wondering, "How is he going to get five kilowatts out of any alternator that will fit under the hood??"

A five kilowatt alternator weighs in at about 75-100 kilograms, last time I looked, and is... big... About as big as a 1.4 litre petrol engine...

I think a 1.4 could spin it, it puts out 100 kilowatts, and a fair bit of torque...

Oh, maybe there is going to be a wind-power rotor on the roof, I think you only need two metre blades to generate five kilowatts...

I think all he has to do is connect 4 stock altenators in series. As for the 275hp..........:stoner:

#12 ·
The window trim pops right out the back one that's a couple inches long you need to tape off to do, all the lights except for headlights have been tinted. And I'm going to get a custom made alt should be around 250amps if I'm not mistaken. Plus I'll have more batteries, a cap, and I'll upgrade the current ground in the car.
Any other questions just msg or post, I can answer most if not all questions. :)

2011 Cruze 1.4l turbo
2003 Malibu 3.1
Cars are my passion, with audio being on top.
Music is my Life

#13 ·
And for the hp not even

I'll be getting
trifecta tune
Bigger turbo which will run at least 25 psi
Headers
Blow off valve
Intake
Magna flow exhaust duel pipe
Pumps and injectors
I'll bore the block
Port the heads
New camshaft
Basically it'll be a different engine by the time I'm done.
Advantages to having 3 shops to work from 2 being free labour as well as having fabricators and welders and a body guy. Haha

I plan on actually opening my own custom car shop, so this will be my show car for that :):)

2011 Cruze 1.4l turbo
2003 Malibu 3.1
Music is my Life

#14 ·
Also as for the power that will be putting out to the amp. That's all been looked into, I have been doing stereos for years, as well as I have several friends who have their own car audio shops. I get 30/50% off all my audio equipment haha than 55% off almost all other parts ;) tires and wheels I get 30% off. Only thing I pay retail for is fuel ;)

2011 Cruze 1.4l turbo
2003 Malibu 3.1
Music is my Life

#16 ·
Now it's morning, and I can do some calculations 5kw ~ 400A @ 12V, 3kw ~ 250A @ 12V, and a bit of googling - good grief! You can get 800 ampere alternators!!! That's 9.6kw...

Okay, that's going to need some decent wiring to not fry, I presume that that the amplifier is directly fed by the alternator, and there's a current reducer of some sort protecting that poor defenceless battery! Or is there a bigger battery in the boot as well?

And I used to think that a Class-A amplifier that had to run for a few days to stabilise was the height of audiophile insanity!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.