Rain rain rain and injen cai - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rain rain rain and injen cai

cruzeman is offline [OP]
    Retired Moderator
    some areas here in the northeast got approx 10 inches this week!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dayhoff35 View Post
    you have a stock bpv, no need for an aftermarket one unless you really want/need a new one. It also just lets the extra air back into the intake after you cut the throttle, it doesnt give it a constant supply of air.
    That's good to hear. What about the aftermarket intake guys? I assume all that goes out the window with the CAI, in which you would need a BPV.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    i dont understand what youre asking, are you asking f you need the bpv with and intake? If so, then yes you still do. The only way you wouldnt need one is if you got a blow off valve.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

i dont understand what youre asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewz View Post
    Get a bypass valve.
    you have a stock bpv, no need for an aftermarket one unless you really want/need a new one. It also just lets the extra air back into the intake after you cut the throttle, it doesnt give it a constant supply of air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewz View Post
    What about the aftermarket intake guys? I assume all that goes out the window with the CAI, in which you would need a BPV.

I stated the OP should get a BPV, cause the title of the thread says "Rain..CAI". You mentioned it has a BPV stock. So are you talking about the Injen intake coming with a BPV as part of the kit, which is what you meant by stock? Or are you saying the stock OEM intake has a BPV? If that's the case, once you take out the stock intake you no longer have the BPV, correct? In which he would still need to get a BPV.

I'm confused now.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    the bpv is on the turbo, not the intake

Handbrake Released
    bpv= bypass valve....as in..something to open if water gets in the intake..to bypass the orginal spot of air intake..so fresh air..not water can get to the motor...and sence there would no longer be anything pulling the water into the cai..because the bpv opened...the water would then drain out...a bov=blow off vavle..is on the turbo..to let excess pressure out...so..bpv..isnt bov.....and the stock intake also has a drain...in the bottom of the airbox..with a little tube connected to it..so water can drain from the stock air box.....sorry if i rambled..

Driver's Ed
    Hey Cruzers, for all worried about rain; install a Bypass Filter.
    Attached is a picture of her car with a Injen CAI w/ a bypass filter.
    Click here for: Hidden Content

Handbrake Released JdmHonda'lude's Avatar
    Where did ya get that bypass from?

3rd Gear
    Installing a BPF will just reduce the amount of air coming from the CAI and increase the amount of air coming from the BPF. Unless of course you get a BPF in which the resistance of flow is greater than the CAI filter + the additional resistance of the extra 1.25 feet of tube including the bend + reduced viscosity of air in the compartment due to the increased temperature.

In short, if you are installing a BPF, the SRI is probably a better option since the turbo will draw more air from the bpf and thus the engine compartment anyway.

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by crk585 View Post
    Hey Cruzers, for all worried about rain; install a Bypass Filter.
    Attached is a picture of her car with a Injen CAI w/ a bypass filter.
    I tried doing the same exact setup and it drove me crazy trying to align the tubes and connect the filter so I just F-It and tossed the bypass. Oh by the way, what size did you order? I ordered a 2.75 bypass because the injen tubes are 2.75 but I couldn't get the tubes far enough through the bypass. Did you cut you tubes shorter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)