Rain rain rain and injen cai
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rain rain rain and injen cai

cruzeman is offline [OP]
    Retired Moderator

Rain rain rain and injen cai

Here in New jersey we got slammed with a massive amount of rain this week. This morning i must have face at least 10 areas of roadway that were flooded out. I reluctlantly went through them scared to death that water would get sucked up into intake. The car seems fine, the road must need over a foot of water for the intake to suck it in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Good to hear!!!

Where does it draw air in from? I know in the Trailblazer, I can go through water up to the headlights, as long as I keep moving ~3mph or so, and it keeps making a wave in front of the vehicle, and keeps an air pocket in the engine bay...

Mike

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Yeah the bottoms of the cruzes are really closed off so a cold air intake should never suck in water they do make hydro sheilds though incase you do, I'd just check the intake after a drive in the rain and see if it's wet or not

cruzeman is offline [OP]
    Retired Moderator
    i have the hydroshield on but still get nervous

Handbrake Released
    you should be fine, like i said the bottom and front ofthe cruze is really closed off, so no water should get in it.

1st Gear
    Cruzeman...if you could send some of that rain down to Texas, we'd REALLY appreciate it.

Handbrake Released
    its been raining here for 4 days now.... you can have all you want! Its supposed to rain until monday too

Quote Originally Posted by TGrayEco View Post
    Cruzeman...if you could send some of that rain down to Texas, we'd REALLY appreciate it.
    Yes, please. The fires are getting too close to home.

Get a bypass valve. AEM has them. If the CAI does happen to suck up air the valve will kick in.

CAIs can and will suck up water. I stupidly went through some in my '01 Neon back in '04. I thought, "I'll be fine as long as I keep moving". Well, I was behind my buddy's dodge ram, I thought all was well, (this was during the night BTW, and I didn't know how deep the water was, although tons of traffic was passing through) and traffic stopped. The car started to ride the water and sucked up water into the engine. Next week I had to get me a new vehicle.
    Cruze LTZ RS Silver Ice Metallic, Black Leather interior, connectivity package, sunroof, pioneer premium sound system, 18" split star wheels

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    you have a stock bpv, no need for an aftermarket one unless you really want/need a new one. It also just lets the extra air back into the intake after you cut the throttle, it doesnt give it a constant supply of air.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)