Oil Life Monitor-Just a Repeating Program - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Oil Life Monitor-Just a Repeating Program

Handbrake Released

Hidden Content
    2011 Cruze ECO 6 MT Imperial Metallic
    /Jet Black

Tint/windshield heat tint, black badges, molded mud guards, intake resonator, muffler, and CDV delete, Amsoil engine/trans fluid, clear Depo markers, OEM Fogs, PCV Fix
    37.6 MPG AVG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    I just went 9 months and only put on 2000 miles. I was down to 20% on the OLM. Since mileage wasn't a factor here I am convinced it uses Time and or Mileage

Super Moderator

It uses running time per start, accrued mileage, actual time in days, ambient temperature at each start cycle, called a 'algorithm' among a few other parameters that I don't recall.

Rob
    jblackburn and Eddy Cruze like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Group B Rally Champion

This 3-year old thread got revived from the dead due to a discussion in another thread about OLM. I think this document is a pretty definitive statement about how the OLM works in current (2010-2017) GM cars. The other documents (cobaltnitra.com and Edmunds.com) are either laughably generic, or describes GM's actions around 2000.

Of course, other manufacturer are free to use their own system, but since this is a forum focused on the Cruze.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyGuy View Post
    This 3-year old thread got revived from the dead due to a discussion in another thread about OLM. I think this document is a pretty definitive statement about how the OLM works in current (2010-2017) GM cars. The other documents (cobaltnitra.com and Edmunds.com) are either laughably generic, or describes GM's actions around 2000.

Of course, other manufacturer are free to use their own system, but since this is a forum focused on the Cruze.
    Pretty cool document and goes with what Robby said as well. Not too many people in this thread seemed to factor in time. Overall the OLM is very accurate

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)