#15224: Customer Satisfaction - Sunroof Glass Breaking - (Nov 23, 2015) - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

    Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: #15224: Customer Satisfaction - Sunroof Glass Breaking - (Nov 23, 2015)

  1. #21
    Touring Champion money_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,340
    Quote Originally Posted by iKermit View Post
    I'm gonna laugh when you jynx it lol
    Lol. I thought that after I wrote that
    obermd likes this.
    2014 cruze diesel 2.0TD
    2009 Ford escape limited v6 4x4
    1971 Nova SS 406ci TH350w/shift kit

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Epic Beard Man

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Frye View Post
    Same maker as the rest of the glass in a Cruze?
    At least Takata isn't in the glass business...
    obermd, jblackburn, Merc6 and 1 others like this.
    Sold 06/2017: 2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012!
    Some fun things, Hidden Content , RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Korean sunglasses holder
    Hidden Content

  4. #23
    Racing Legend Merc6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio East
    Posts
    10,677
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Also heard sunroofs called moonroofs, guessing it has something to do with the time of day you are driving, what about cloudy day roofs?

    Least all my whatever roofs came with a hand crank in case of electrical failure. So here is a stupid question. Why don't they provide a hand crank for power windows? They are also subject to electrical failure.

    Won't even bring up a rollover with whatever roofs.
    My Buick called it a astro roof. As for rollovers, We talking aftermarket taking structural rigidity away?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Administrator
    obermd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    24,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryk2003 View Post
    i guess i'm slightly confused by this. Isn't the body on the '15 the same as the previous years? Why would the sunroof change between years if the rest of the body is the same. Just seems like all of the years would be recalled, unless maybe they changed suppliers?
    The 15s got a different front fascia. I don't know if the roof area was changed or not.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

  7. #25
    Touring Champion
    Starks8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    3,176
    Well it looks like my new baby's VIN# falls under this recall/service bulletin? . Not particularly what I wanted to see because we all know how problematic sunroofs can be.

    Unfortunately, I guess it wasn't already corrected because the chevy recall center webpage states that "recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below" and then below that the program status reads: Incomplete. I guess my next step is to call the dealership's service department? Should I be concerned that my sunroof will never be the same and have leaking problems if the service of replacing the glass has to be performed?

  8. #26
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    DesPlaines Il
    Posts
    5,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks8 View Post
    Well it looks like my new baby's VIN# falls under this recall/service bulletin? . Not particularly what I wanted to see because we all know how problematic sunroofs can be.

    Unfortunately, I guess it wasn't already corrected because the chevy recall center webpage states that "recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below" and then below that the program status reads: Incomplete. I guess my next step is to call the dealership's service department? Should I be concerned that my sunroof will never be the same and have leaking problems if the service of replacing the glass has to be performed?
    No...
    The glass replacement is very simple.
    Open the sunroof and you will see 4 torx head screws holding the glass frame to the actual sunroof rails.
    Removal of the glass only requires removing the 4 screws.....the actual mechanism is not disturbed nor is the headliner disturbed.

    The adjustments to the glass are only up/down so it follows the roofline when closed.....a simple adjustment.

    All sunroofs leak water and that's why there is a tray or gutter under the seal you see.....the seals seep, water drips onto the tray, the water is directed to the sunroof drain tubes and out of the car.

    Note: Never leave the sunroof open for ventilation when parked. Debris gets blown into the above mentioned gutters and will end up plugging the drain tubes......this gets water dripping out of the headliner......Bad Ju Ju.

    Don't frett.....this is a simple repair if the glass is needed and the measurement of your current glass does not require removal.

    Rob

  9. #27
    Touring Champion
    Starks8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    No...
    The glass replacement is very simple.
    Open the sunroof and you will see 4 torx head screws holding the glass frame to the actual sunroof rails.
    Removal of the glass only requires removing the 4 screws.....the actual mechanism is not disturbed nor is the headliner disturbed.

    The adjustments to the glass are only up/down so it follows the roofline when closed.....a simple adjustment.

    All sunroofs leak water and that's why there is a tray or gutter under the seal you see.....the seals seep, water drips onto the tray, the water is directed to the sunroof drain tubes and out of the car.

    Note: Never leave the sunroof open for ventilation when parked. Debris gets blown into the above mentioned gutters and will end up plugging the drain tubes......this gets water dripping out of the headliner......Bad Ju Ju.

    Don't frett.....this is a simple repair if the glass is needed and the measurement of your current glass does not require removal.

    Rob

    Ok, cool! Thanks, for explaining that better for me and helping put my mind at ease. I'll give my dealership a call hopefully sometime tomorrow and let them know about it. I appreciate it Robby!

  10. #28
    Learning about my Cruze
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    96
    Took my late 2014 model in for an oil change today and they're also replacing the sunroof glass on mine. They did the gap test and it failed. So it affects more than the 2015 model.
    Starks8 likes this.

  11. #29
    Group B Rally Champion
    spacedout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks8 View Post
    Well it looks like my new baby's VIN# falls under this recall/service bulletin? . Not particularly what I wanted to see because we all know how problematic sunroofs can be.

    Unfortunately, I guess it wasn't already corrected because the chevy recall center webpage states that "recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below" and then below that the program status reads: Incomplete.
    They should not have sold you a car with an open recall, period. This should have been taken care of before you took delivery. Think about it this way, the car was sitting on their lot doing nothing and now you get to be inconvenienced with the potential issue.




  12. #30
    Touring Champion
    Starks8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    3,176
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    They should not have sold you a car with an open recall, period. This should have been taken care of before you took delivery. Think about it this way, the car was sitting on their lot doing nothing and now you get to be inconvenienced with the potential issue.
    Yeah, I totally agree with that! To be somewhat fair, it was transferred to them only 1 day before I came and signed the papers to purchase it. However, it should be their job to know this stuff and like you said, they really shouldn't have sold it to me with a open recall on it. My wife and I now have to plan our schedules so that I can figure out a time to take it to them which is tough because she's a nurse and I'm working 6 day a week until the second week of january.

    Maybe I should ask for an accessory for the Cruze to be on the house? I'm thinking the trunk cargo net, the Premium All-weather Cargo Mat, or the clear Rear Bumper Fascia Protector (which they likely do for free anyway because I found a defect/cut in the paint in this area).
    Last edited by Starks8; 12-15-2015 at 09:06 PM.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. overall satisfaction with cruze
    By unitednations161 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 03:41 AM
  2. Scratched Glass? Glass Cleaner & Polish Products
    By DrVette in forum Gen1 Appearance, Body, Detailing, & Interior
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
  3. Nov 11 2012
    By Hatje in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
  4. GM Customer Satisfaction Survey
    By newcruzer17 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 01:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2