#15224: Customer Satisfaction - Sunroof Glass Breaking - (Nov 23, 2015) - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: #15224: Customer Satisfaction - Sunroof Glass Breaking - (Nov 23, 2015)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    They should not have sold you a car with an open recall, period. This should have been taken care of before you took delivery. Think about it this way, the car was sitting on their lot doing nothing and now you get to be inconvenienced with the potential issue.
    This is not a recall.......It is true that a new vehicle on the lot is not to be sold until any open recalls are completed, but this would not be required for a 'Product Update' which this essentially is.

From the standpoint of customer satisfaction, it should have been performed prior to the sale, however........I'm going to speculate that this car was a gift of sorts and since it had to be dealer traded there may not have been enough time between the selling dealer receiving the car and Mrs. Starks8 completing the deal to surprise Mr. Starks8.

Although it would have been nice to not have to return to the dealer for the update, it is hardly the end of the world.........and does not require instant repair.
    I'd recommend having the inspection done when convenient, and, if a glass is needed to be ordered, do so and have it installed at the first oil change........It is only .3 to inspect, an additional .3 to replace....real time though.....15 minutes to check, half hour to replace.

Rob
    Starks8 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I took my 2014 in last night for the last "free" oil change, and they did the sunroof check. Mine flunked and they ordered the parts to replace it.

Handbrake Released
    I was notified via OnStar that my vin was part of the sunroof recall. They immediately ordered the parts, put me in a rental car and it was fixed in a day and I was on my way. It's a 2015 CTD.
    2015 Chevy Cruze CTD with all option(s) except for Safety Package..........License Plate reads: DSLGATE (a nod to VW TDi owners everywhere)..........

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    This is not a recall.......It is true that a new vehicle on the lot is not to be sold until any open recalls are completed, but this would not be required for a 'Product Update' which this essentially is.

From the standpoint of customer satisfaction, it should have been performed prior to the sale, however........I'm going to speculate that this car was a gift of sorts and since it had to be dealer traded there may not have been enough time between the selling dealer receiving the car and Mrs. Starks8 completing the deal to surprise Mr. Starks8.

Although it would have been nice to not have to return to the dealer for the update, it is hardly the end of the world.........and does not require instant repair.
    I'd recommend having the inspection done when convenient, and, if a glass is needed to be ordered, do so and have it installed at the first oil change........It is only .3 to inspect, an additional .3 to replace....real time though.....15 minutes to check, half hour to replace.

Rob
    If its not a recall for certain vin matched vehicles, what is it?? TSB?? My OnStar made it seem like a recall that had a yellow triangle that said " Requires Immediate Attention."
    2015 Chevy Cruze CTD with all option(s) except for Safety Package..........License Plate reads: DSLGATE (a nod to VW TDi owners everywhere)..........

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GlennGlenn View Post
    If its not a recall for certain vin matched vehicles, what is it?? TSB?? My OnStar made it seem like a recall that had a yellow triangle that said " Requires Immediate Attention."
    To keep things confusing they called it a 'Customer Satisfaction' bulletin.........Seems appropriate....I don't think I'd find my sunroof imploding onto my lap very satisfying.

That is me being a bit tongue in cheek BTW.

Recalls are specific to safety related oversights.......As far as who determines/what determines safety, we'll never know.
    There is one factor though.......recalls are forever.....there is no end date or mileage limit.

This sunroof thing has a 'repair by X' date.........see page one of this thread to read the actual notice.

Ho Ho Merry Merry and all that Jolly stuff!

Rob

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GlennGlenn View Post
    I tend to agree with you. However, recalls have a legal definition and I don't think this one quite met that definition. Definitely get it looked at though and get your sunroom glass replaced if it's one of the "defective" ones.
    GlennGlenn likes this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    I tend to agree with you. However, recalls have a legal definition and I don't think this one quite met that definition. Definitely get it looked at though and get your sunroom glass replaced if it's one of the "defective" ones.
    It's already been done!! Thanks for the heads up!!
    Starks8 likes this.

Touring Champion
    Going in January 2nd to have mine looked at. Also going to have them look at two small cuts in my rear bumper fascia where the trunk lid meets it and the serration on both corners of my glove box door lip.

Should I also have them check my spark plugs and adjust my headlights when/if I have to come back to get my sunroof glass replaced? If so, what is the appropriate gap for the 2015 Cruze spark plugs and how do I know if my headlights actually need to be adjusted 1.5 of a turn like it seems was the case for everyone else? Thanks!

Super Moderator

Odds are they won't check the plugs......nothing failed, no CEL.

They may check the headlamp aim but frankly, most dealers don't have a aiming stand.....they just aim the car at a wall and adjust them to what they think is correct......rarely is.
    If you find the lighting satisfactory, leave them alone.

Rob
    obermd likes this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)