Floor Mats - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Floor Mats

Handbrake Released
    Weather Tech makes a great product, no doubt, but there's many other brands out there that can and will accomplish the same thing for less than 1/2 the price. Just take a drive to the factory in Bolingbrook and you'll see where your $$ is going. Racing Team , tons of collector cars and motorcycles and overhead out the kazoo. Someone's gotta pay for all of that.

I prefer the the old Cannon mats he used to import, softer and more compliant. Husky makes a great unit for a lot less $$.
    2015 CTD, all options including block heater. Built 12/14. Dual Stir-O Beltronics, the best of the best in RDs, not even a V1C can hang with the O. ALP quint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by money_man View Post
    I only paid $240 for front and back
    Only $240? You got hosed, man. I paid $180 for a full set; front and rear liners.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by GMFanatic View Post
    Only $240? You got hosed, man. I paid $180 for a full set; front and rear liners.
    He's in Canada.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GMFanatic View Post
    Yeah I'm in Canada. They're closer to $300 here for a set.
    2014 cruze diesel 2.0TD
    2009 Ford escape limited v6 4x4
    1971 Nova SS 406ci TH350w/shift kit

I had a set of Maxpider Kagu's for the front that fell apart after only one winter of very hard use, but they did fit and look excellent, and I really liked the grippy texture of them. The manufacturer did honor the warranty without much hassle though.

Replaced them with Maxliner mats that are of heavier construction like the Weathertech and Husky, but the fit is slightly worse than the Maxpider since they are so thick (still acceptable). The manufacturer was also a little ambiguous about them being produced overseas in Thailand. Had I know that, I probably would have got the Husky rather than trying a lesser known brand. Heck, a front and rear set of Husky is only $140 on Amazon right now, and those are definitely made in USA, with plenty of mostly positive reviews.
    11' Eco MT, Black

If you are looking for rubber mats, go to Walmart and get the best they have. It will cost you a whopping $25 dollars. They will be the same great rubber as Weathertech. They also will be able to cut to fit with a scissors. Now if premium cloth mats is your choice, I would recommend Lloyd's. I know I will get crap for bashing Weathertech, but really is their rubber going to stop more water than say Michelin or Goodyear?
    2016 Cruze Limited

Quote Originally Posted by money_man View Post
    Yeah I'm in Canada. They're closer to $300 here for a set.
    Wow! I apologize; I didn't realize you lived in Canada. I'm blown away by the fact they cost so much more there.

Driver's Ed
    Old thread, but I believe I can contribute.

We have Husky liners in the 14' cruze and I have weathertechs in my 13' Sierra. I also have the bedmat and tailgate cover from weathertech.

The husky's were 1/3 of the price but the fitment is not quite as perfect. I don't know that I can justify the weathertech cost in the future.

On another note, GM is in the process of making a stock weathertech competitor. They look identical but have large logos in the center. In the future, I think I'll be making the dealer throw in a set of those and be done with it Check out the parts counter at your local dealer and you'll see them.

Driver's Ed
    $240 for some plastic, seems like a lot of money, but they do fit good, seems we are being taken advantage of

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)