I decided to do a comparison after a few members have asked for a comparison of aftermarket led headlights to the stock halogen bulbs. For my tests camera settings have a fixed iso and exposure. Let's start with some specifications.
The stock bulb in our cars are the Sylvania H13 Halogen Headlight Bulb Here are some specs from sylvania's and auto zones websites.
Lamp Replacement Guide Product Specifications.
Sylvania H13 Halogen Headlight Bulb, 1 Pack H13BP: Advance Auto Parts
Sylvania H13 Halogen Headlight Bulb
- Voltage (V) 12.8
- Power (Low Beam)(W) 55
- Power (High Beam)(W) 65
- Light Output(Low Beam)(MSCP) 79.6
- Light Output(High Beam)(MSCP) 119.4
- Light Output(Low Beam)(lm) 1000
- Light Output(High Beam)(lm) 1500
- Color Temperature (K) 3200 K
- Filament Life(Low Beam) (hrs) 1500
- Filament Life(High Beam) (hrs) 250
- MSRP per 2 bulbs (prices vary) $29.99
Now for the LED bulbs I will be comparing. The bulbs I have are marketed as G7 PHILiPS Lumileds H13/9008 LED Headlight Bulbs. The original Ebay post is gone but they are still sold under that name as well as others. I was able to get the specs from the OEM website and confirmed them on the original box.
CN360 H13 Led Headlight Conversion Kit Led Headlight Bulbs 6000k 4000lumen 360 INTERNATIONAL GROUP LTD
G7 PHILiPS Lumileds H13/9008 LED Headlight Bulbs
- Voltage (V) 12-24
- Current (Low Beam) (A) 2.0A±0.2A
- Current (High Beam) A 2.0A±0.2A
- Power (Low Beam)(W) 25
- Power (High Beam)(W) 25
- Light Output (lm) 4000
- Color Temperature (K) 6000 K
- Life (hrs) 30,000
- Working Temperature (C) -40°C~+85°C
- Price per 2 bulbs (prices vary) $50.00
- Comply with European Union(E-mark) E4 Standard design
- Light beam Angle adjustable; adjustable base for shorter lamp body
- Waterproof driver and connectors level IP65
Cut Off Comparison
Not the same picture but this is an appearance comparison.