Do you want a better looking door to walk up to every day?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blasirl
  • 1 Post By Blasirl

Thread: Do you want a better looking door to walk up to every day?

Blasirl is offline [OP]
    Formula One Champion

Do you want a better looking door to walk up to every day?

I was browsing another forum and came across a great idea; A way to cover up the silver disk where you insert your key to manually unlock your doors. If you are like me, the only time I would ever want to do that is when the fob dies. And actually you can still do that, but more on that later.

With the silver covered up the side of the car is much smoother looking as you can see from the photo; fewer distractions for the eye to catch on. I am always looking for that subtle little extra to make my vehicle finer looking. I think this fits the bill.

This is a very inexpensive way to make your Cruze a bit different than others. To paraphrase Henry, it comes in any color you want as long as its gloss black. They are made from a flexible plastic of some sort and are paintable to match your Cruzes color. I received one (two actually – one for my Cruze and one for my Cobalt…although I didn’t realize I really needed two-but oh well I digress…) and it took about an hour and a half to have it (them) ready to install. (It took me quite some time to actually write this as I got them in the mail and immediately had a military thing interrupt me, then I misplaced the envelope somehow during the re-siding of my house…, but finally here it is.)

They come in a number of different sizes if you want to also do your other vehicles. This doesn’t permanently disable your locks or anything, although it may confuse a thief. As I said before, you can still access your door lock simply by prying it off. It is just held on with an adhesive backing. I put one on my daughters Cobalt and then realized her key fobs weren’t working, so I just peeled it off and stuck it to a plasticized piece of cardboard for use later. I would think if the adhesive wears off, you could replace it with a piece of double stick tape or if you have none, some silicone glue of some sort.
    It was a very simple and fairly quick mod.

If you want / need to paint it first, or want a bit more detail, here is a link to my installation tutorial: How-To: Paint and Install a Smoothlock door lock cover
    Last edited by Blasirl; 01-09-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: I can finally edit - yahoo!
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    For some reason, I'm getting this message when I click on your attachment links:
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Group B Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mikestony View Post
    For some reason, I'm getting this message when I click on your attachment links:
    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    Ditto.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Blasirl is offline [OP]
    Formula One Champion
    I cannot fix them. They were ok until after I hit post. I sent in a request to fix, but that did not post either. Not sure what to do yet. I cannot reply with quote either. @mikestony @ChevyGuy

EDIT: They seem to be all working now.
    Last edited by Blasirl; 03-24-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    I cannot fix them. They were ok until after I hit post. I sent in a request to fix, but that did not post either. Not sure what to do yet. I cannot reply with quote either. @mikestony @ChevyGuy
    there's somfing awfooey skwoowy going on awound hew

Blasirl is offline [OP]
    Formula One Champion
    The internet keeps eating my photos

EDIT: The first thumbnail should be first photo, the 2nd should be last and the last should be 2nd.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blasirl; 12-16-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    mikestony likes this.

Hidden Content

1st Gear
    Did you get those from Amazon or elsewhere? I didn't search for them yet, that's why I asked
    I'm interested!

Blasirl is offline [OP]
    Formula One Champion
    @mikestony, I just added the tutorial (sans pictures for now) that has the link to the vendors.
    mikestony likes this.

Hidden Content

Blasirl is offline [OP]
    Formula One Champion
    I was finally able to edit this so you can actually see what I have done.

Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)