2013 Chevy Cruze LT Fog Light Install (Need to knows?) - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2013 Chevy Cruze LT Fog Light Install (Need to knows?)

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwb1179 View Post
    Pin for the switch? I just swapped out the switch w/o the fog light button for the one with the fog light button. Nothing complicated thankfully!
    I have also done that, but you had said you purchased an aftermarket kit. From what I have seen so far, they all come with an external switch. How did you make the wire work with the stock switch?
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwb1179 View Post
    Pin for the switch? I just swapped out the switch w/o the fog light button for the one with the fog light button. Nothing complicated thankfully!
    I have also done that, but you had said you purchased an aftermarket kit. From what I have seen so far, they all come with an external switch. How did you make the wire work with the stock switch?
    Did you ever get an answer to this question lol? I’m looking to install aftermarket fog lamps and would like the integrate the oem switch 🙂
    2012 Cruze 1.8L (Blue Granite Metallic) 120k+ Mile Club
    Mods: Trifecta Tune. Amsoil Signature Series Everything. LTZ/RS Rims + Fog Lights + Steering Wheel w/Cruise + Splash Gaurds. WeatherTech Rock Deflector + Window Guards + Floor Liner. Big 3 Upgrade. Diode Dynamics Lighting. Shark Fin Antenna. 35% All Around Window Tint. Remote Start - Many more to come.

Formula One Champion
    No unfortunately I did not. I have yet to connect my fogs actually. I am hoping to do a bunch of stuff this summer, so as my wife allows it anyways. I have a stock fog switch installed and it toggles the dash light, so I know there will be no reprogramming anyways. You probably don't live too far from me, maybe someday we can do a joint session and figure it out.

I just checked and @Bwb1179 is still active, maybe he will answer now.
    Last edited by Blasirl; 03-26-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Not sure if this is the info you guys were looking for but I installed Spec D fogs in my 14' and this is how I did it.
    https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/11-g...s-install.html

The OP listed that they bought a fuse tap in the first post. I wonder if that tap was used to attach the aftermarket harness from the top of the fuse box rather than running the wire to the bottom of the fuse box where the factory kit would have attached
    '14 Cruze 1LT 6MT - KNN CAI - MAGNAFLOW CBE - Verano belly pans - NGK BKR8IEX plugs @.030 - Amsoil fluids throughout

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)