Aftermarket Exhaust on a 2014 Eco - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust on a 2014 Eco

MattJensen is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by PAChevyCruze View Post
    They have 3 different sizes. The 2.25" and 2.5" aluminized are $270+S&H and the Stainless are $345 +S&H. The 3" ones are $345+S&H and $420+S&H. I got the 2.5" stainless one. I believe the muffler is the Magnaflow #12866.

Im keeping the cat since it's needed to have the car inspected every year.
    Also, does the exhaust system have to be cut in order to be removed? I really don’t want to have to hack the stock exhaust system up as I’ll likely need it to sell the later on down the line.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJensen View Post
    Yeah, that’s probably what I’m going to go with - you can’t go wrong for the price. What do you think of the 2.5” stainless setup? Is it simple to bolt on and does it fit without having to make any alterations? Is a tune required? And what do you think of the sound?

Thanks!

For the price, it's good. As for fit, it takes a little patience to get it in there and sitting properly. I didnt think it was going to fit without some cutting, but it does. They did send me the wrong size bolts for the cat flange, but I picked some replacements up from Home Depot. Also, the cat/catback flange is a little off on size, but it seals good with the included gasket. You dont really need a tune. It throws no codes. I dont have a tune yet, just a intake.

As for sound, it's not as loud as I was hoping, but I have no idea what it sounds like outside the car from the back. I know it a low, deep sound from inside the car but not at all loud.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT
    2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
    1993 Pontiac Grand Am

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJensen View Post
    Also, does the exhaust system have to be cut in order to be removed? I really don’t want to have to hack the stock exhaust system up as I’ll likely need it to sell the later on down the line.

Thanks

I dont see a way of getting it off without cutting it. I cut it per instructions and I think you could use a exhaust connector where you cut it if you want to reinstall the factory exhaust.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT
    2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
    1993 Pontiac Grand Am

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Celdwist's Avatar
    Even though I have a Gen2 2016, I'm pretty sure we have literally the same motor so it should sound the same? I have a resonator and muffler delete that goes into a Y pipe.
    Here's how mine sounds, let me know if this would be too loud or not
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7mgQI62hWM

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now