Key Fob Question
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By supawiz6991

Thread: Key Fob Question

Driver's Ed

Key Fob Question

Hi Everyone!

This issue deals with Key Fobs. I bought a fob housing that included a blank key but no electronics. When I tried to transfer my existing key to it I found that the notches for the button were slightly different and thus didn't allow the button to fully seat and thus wouldn't click closed properly when stowing the key. The fob I bought has a screw that holds it together behind the Chevy symbol. My existing fobs don't have this and have internal clips. I was unaware of this feature of the replacement fob as the seller used an incorrect stock image that made it appear like my fobs.

Both of my existing fobs have GM PN# 13500222 on them.

One of my fobs has a damaged key (its bent and separating at the base) so I moved the electronics from it to the replacement fob and will get the blank key cut...so no loss there.

My other fob though has a perfectly good key and chip but the case splits apart due to broken clips and has on multiple occasions fallen completely apart in my pocket.

Is it possible to transfer the key its-self to a new housing?

Thanks!

P.S. I know I could get a silicone cover for it but would rather not do that if I can get a new housing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

2nd Gear
    The key can be transferred. There is a small pin holding it in place. *GENTLY* use a hammer with a small nail or punch to push it out.

Formula One Champion
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Thank you both! That worked like a charm and saved me the $35 it would have cost to have the blank cut!
    Blasirl and plano-doug like this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)