Seat Upgrade Pondering
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat Upgrade Pondering

mikeeitup is offline [OP]

Seat Upgrade Pondering

Went a few longer range trips and the eco cloth seats are just uncomfortably hard after awhile. I want to snag a leather power seat (not heated) for myself but before I order it, has anybody sat in both and is the leather seat more "comfy" and less hard than the cloth seats? Thanks for any input!!! =)
    Last edited by mikeeitup; 04-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    ~Mike~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeitup View Post
    Went a few longer range trips and the eco cloth seats are just uncomfortably hard after awhile. I want to snag a leather power seat (not heated) for myself but before I order it, has anybody sat in both and is the leather seat more "comfy" and less hard than the cloth seats? Thanks for any input!!! =)
    For me personally, I like more ventilation if you may. Hot in Texas, yes cars have AC, but still... I have sat in leather seated cruzes when I was test driving them, I actually thought they felt harder.

Oof thanks for the heads up that REALLY sucks. I guess my only option is to rebuild the seat.
    ~Mike~

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    The only difference between a stock cloth seat and a stock leather seat, heated or not, is the covers. The power option just makes on the fly adjustments easier.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Thank you for the info. I'm gonna pay somebody to rebuild the seat then. That's kinda sad how uncomfy they are. Maybe I'm just a little bitch too but everybody that has rode in my car has said they get uncomfortable quite quickly.
    ~Mike~

Driver's Ed
    I"ll say this, the seats aren't that uncomfortable, (either cloth or leather). The thing about the leather covers are they are either HOT (in summer) or COLD (in winter), while the cloth are usually good any temp.

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeitup View Post
    Oof thanks for the heads up that REALLY sucks. I guess my only option is to rebuild the seat.
    Put some weight in the seat while it's parked. Bags of beans, books, buckets.. ect.

After seeing how the seats are constructed I think you could get them to soften up. When I first got the car, nearly 9 years ago I thought the seats were too firm. I can now tell that the drivers seat is not as firm as the passenger. It's the same foam construction other than the passenger presence sensor, which doesn't effect the seat feel.

Good Luck.
    2012 Cruze LT, 1.4L, AT 78,000 Miles as of 1/19
    Looking for EV for next car.. Bolt or maybe Model 3 if Chevy doesn't speed up their EV's to the marketplace!

Previous Rides
    2002 Intrigue 3.5L,LX5, AT 135,000- Owned for 10 years.. PM for Intrigue help. P1811 also a problem with this car.
    2000 Intrigue 3.5L, LX5, AT, 89,000- Owned for 12 years.. Dreaded P1811 killed this transmission.

Good suggestion thank you!
    ~Mike~

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)