Splash Guards for RS Package
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splash Guards for RS Package

Splash Guards for RS Package

Does anyone know where I can get some splash guards for a 2012 LT2 Cruze with the RS package. I work construction so I travel down a lot of gravel roads so these are a must but I can not find them anywhere, including the dealership. I was thinking of just ordering the regular ones and trimming them to fit if I have to.
    Last edited by Cruzified12; 10-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

There were numerous reports of the mudflaps not fitting the RS model, try searching. Not sure if it was fixed for 2012

Learning about my Cruze
    The OEM mudflaps do not fit the RS bodywork. You might look at Weathertech - they have a no-drill "generic" flap. Another option is to use 3-m clear tape to cover exposed areas. What sized tires/wheels do you have?? If you have the "OE" 16's - gravel roads might not be much of an issue if you keep your speed down. I have 17's with the 225 width tires. I added the OEM flaps (I do not have an RS) and put 3-m body tape on the "trailing" edge of my rear door opening which was catching stone chips. Seems to have worked reasonably well. No hope for the stone chips on the hood tho. The 3-m tape would be avail at a store that sells auto body supplies. It's a little pricey. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I have the 17" rims and stock tires. The underside of the side skirts is covered with tar spots already. I have stock splash guards on my Impala and never had this problem. I don't really like how they look or hold the snow in in the winter time but for the time and money it saves in cleaning and rock chip repair ill make something work that doesn't look too bad.
    '12 Chevrolet Cruze LT2 RS
    '04 Chevrolet Impala SS
    '09 Honda CBR600RR

Bug & Tar cleaners are our friends with the RS package. Trust me as I have two cans of Stoner Tarminator. That stuff is the shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn672 View Post
    There were numerous reports of the mudflaps not fitting the RS model, try searching. Not sure if it was fixed for 2012
    I can confirm this...there are NO OEM splashguards for the Cruze equipped with the RS package. The parts department checked and there are 2 p/n's for splashguards depending on your manufacture date. Both part numbers state in their descriptions that they will NOT fit any Cruze equipped with the RS package.
    This is correct as of September, when I last checked. I have already taken my ride to the shop that did my tint, and had 3M protective tape installed.
    2012 Cruze LTZ/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
    1996 Trans AM LT1/M6
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire (Gone - but not forgotten!)
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)