Anyone installed mud guards? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anyone installed mud guards?

Quote Originally Posted by gman19 View Post
    Be careful if you have the RS package...it will not allow proper fit unless they're designed to go with the RS package. I found this out the hard way,
    Who makes them for the RS?
    2011 Cruze LTZ RS Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat. Picked up 1/28/2011. All options except nav.
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I bought these.
    09 10 11 CHEVY CRUZE TIRE MUD GUARD SPLASH FLAP NEW SET | eBay

They come with cheap screws that are painted black. The screws started rusting away pretty quick so I had to go buy some stainless steel screws.

I had to drill a hole into the body of the car to install the front end, the back ends match up with a screw that holds the molding in the back. They feel a little floppy but they are actually on there pretty good, I've kicked off big chunks of frozen solid snow/slush without them getting any damage.

Oh and I dont think these are any bigger than the factory model. I have pics in my profile of my Cruze with them installed but they kinda hard to see.

Administrator

Figured I'd update this thread.

The above mud guards arrived 2 weeks after purchase. However, despite being black in the listing, they had the Chevy logos on them. No matter, I was able to rub it off with some mineral spirits. I forgot what I used exactly, but paint or lacquer thinner should work and the logos came right off.

They fit perfectly, and much better than I'd expect a set of ~$20 ebay mud guards to fit. They sit flush against the car and look like they came that way out of the factory.

Install was easy and with a small screwdriver bit ratchet, I was able to install them without even lifting the car off the ground or removing a wheel. I did need to add an additional screw to hold them in place so they would sit perfectly flush with the car.

I can get pictures if anyone wants them.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Hey Xtreme did you order yours through Ali Express? I bought the same ones but haven't tried to put them on yet. Did you use the supplied screws or did you use some stainless ones? Did you put the 'extra' screw somewhere in the middle of the 2 holes on each guard?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 4piecekit View Post
    Hey Xtreme did you order yours through Ali Express? I bought the same ones but haven't tried to put them on yet. Did you use the supplied screws or did you use some stainless ones? Did you put the 'extra' screw somewhere in the middle of the 2 holes on each guard?
    I ordered them from the ebay link I posted earlier. I didn't feel like waiting 30 days to get them, and they were cheaper on ebay. I ended up not using all of the screws that they come with. On mine, I was able to re-use one of the fasteners that was already on the bumper for each of the front, and the screw that was already on the rears. I then added an additional screw or two that goes right through the fenderwell plastic sheet to hold them in securely.

I'll get some pictures soon.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hey Exteme,

Are you referring to Jaycruzes ebay post, or one you made in another thread. All three i see in this post refer to Ali's website.

Also you have the 2012 RS package correct.

Resident Forum Drunkard
    paid 35.00$$ on line fitment is not the greatest . happy I purchased them . install was a breeze for me . snowed 2days later
    so my drive home at night in all that icie stuff did not bother me in the least no splashing all over my doors .
    which is the reason I purchased them. chicago suuuuu c s in the winter to begin with so oo oo cold . still triing to acclamate my self -
    to this climate. lived on west coast for 25 years and bust . move turned out to be profitable for me though.
    I only miss the climate this time of year. so get them is my recomendation.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wstadnick View Post
    Hey Exteme,

Are you referring to Jaycruzes ebay post, or one you made in another thread. All three i see in this post refer to Ali's website.

Also you have the 2012 RS package correct.
    Actually, his does have the correct ones. I thought I had posted it. Here are the exact ones I bought:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

They appear to be identical. I do not have an RS package, I have an Eco.

Quote Originally Posted by brian v View Post
    paid 35.00$$ on line fitment is not the greatest . happy I purchased them . install was a breeze for me . snowed 2days later
    so my drive home at night in all that icie stuff did not bother me in the least no splashing all over my doors .
    which is the reason I purchased them. chicago suuuuu c s in the winter to begin with so oo oo cold . still triing to acclamate my self -
    to this climate. lived on west coast for 25 years and bust . move turned out to be profitable for me though.
    I only miss the climate this time of year. so get them is my recomendation.
    Fitment isn't perfect, I'll admit. They take a bit of pressure and screwing them in with an extra screw or two to keep them in place, but once they're on there, they aren't moving and they look factory.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Administrator

Finally got a chance to snag some photos.

LizzieCruze likes this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

looks nice.
    LizzieCruze likes this.
    HIS 2012 Topaz Blue LT 1.4T 6 spd Auto
    Hidden Content

HERS 2011 Crystal Red LT 1.4T 6 spd Auto
    Hidden Content

OUR Weekend Warrior 95 12V Dodge ram Cummins Diesel
    Hidden Content

Our HOG 2014 Street Glide 103" motor
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)