Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Anyone installed mud guards?

45K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  BDCCruze 
#1 ·
Looking to get a set of mud guards as I didn't get them installed by the dealer. The GM OEM mud guards looked practically useless based on how small they were.

In any case, I was looking at these, but wasn't sure how well they'd fit. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket mud guards?

Wholesale durable soft plastic! 2010 Chevrolet Cruze fender /dirtboard/splash guard

I'd probably also order these while I'm at it:

Wholesale 2009 2011 Chevrolet Cruze High quality stainless steel Scuff Plate/Door Sill

#3 ·
Can you post pics of how they look on your car? I have the OE ones now, and they are too small with my aftermarket wheels and snow tires. My front tires are splashing all the way up to the door handles. I have purchased Fleet Farm RoadSport #1 Splash Guards based on a recommendation from someone on the Chevrolet Cruze Forum. They looked good from the pics posted, and it would be nice to compare. I'm still using the OE guards for now.
[h=1][/h]

#6 ·
Be careful if you have the RS package...it will not allow proper fit unless they're designed to go with the RS package. I found this out the hard way,

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Thanks for the link to the plain black ones. I might be purchasing these soon as I've heard how ineffective the stock guards are.

#12 ·
I bought these.
09 10 11 CHEVY CRUZE TIRE MUD GUARD SPLASH FLAP NEW SET | eBay

They come with cheap screws that are painted black. The screws started rusting away pretty quick so I had to go buy some stainless steel screws.

I had to drill a hole into the body of the car to install the front end, the back ends match up with a screw that holds the molding in the back. They feel a little floppy but they are actually on there pretty good, I've kicked off big chunks of frozen solid snow/slush without them getting any damage.

Oh and I dont think these are any bigger than the factory model. I have pics in my profile of my Cruze with them installed but they kinda hard to see.

#13 ·
Figured I'd update this thread.

The above mud guards arrived 2 weeks after purchase. However, despite being black in the listing, they had the Chevy logos on them. No matter, I was able to rub it off with some mineral spirits. I forgot what I used exactly, but paint or lacquer thinner should work and the logos came right off.

They fit perfectly, and much better than I'd expect a set of ~$20 ebay mud guards to fit. They sit flush against the car and look like they came that way out of the factory.

Install was easy and with a small screwdriver bit ratchet, I was able to install them without even lifting the car off the ground or removing a wheel. I did need to add an additional screw to hold them in place so they would sit perfectly flush with the car.

I can get pictures if anyone wants them.

#14 ·
Hey Xtreme did you order yours through Ali Express? I bought the same ones but haven't tried to put them on yet. Did you use the supplied screws or did you use some stainless ones? Did you put the 'extra' screw somewhere in the middle of the 2 holes on each guard?

#15 ·
I ordered them from the ebay link I posted earlier. I didn't feel like waiting 30 days to get them, and they were cheaper on ebay. I ended up not using all of the screws that they come with. On mine, I was able to re-use one of the fasteners that was already on the bumper for each of the front, and the screw that was already on the rears. I then added an additional screw or two that goes right through the fenderwell plastic sheet to hold them in securely.

I'll get some pictures soon.

#16 ·
Hey Exteme,

Are you referring to Jaycruzes ebay post, or one you made in another thread. All three i see in this post refer to Ali's website.

Also you have the 2012 RS package correct.

#18 ·
Actually, his does have the correct ones. I thought I had posted it. Here are the exact ones I bought:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

They appear to be identical. I do not have an RS package, I have an Eco.

paid 35.00$$ on line fitment is not the greatest . happy I purchased them . install was a breeze for me . snowed 2days later
so my drive home at night in all that icie stuff did not bother me in the least no splashing all over my doors .
which is the reason I purchased them. chicago suuuuu c s in the winter to begin with so oo oo cold . still triing to acclamate my self -
to this climate. lived on west coast for 25 years and bust . move turned out to be profitable for me though.
I only miss the climate this time of year. so get them is my recomendation.
Fitment isn't perfect, I'll admit. They take a bit of pressure and screwing them in with an extra screw or two to keep them in place, but once they're on there, they aren't moving and they look factory.

#24 ·
Here you go, front, rear, and overall pic of rear flap, and the plug i used. I aligned up the flaps, drilled a hole in the plastic inner fender ( no metal was drilled) and then inserted the plug.

#26 ·
I Installed the OEM ones just this past weekend, of course I live in SoCal, there will be no crazy snow stuff, or offroading in my car, just rain and autox mountain roads during the great spring and summer weather, My boy and i drove through Julian and down the hwy79 it was a blast... Sry to get side tracked. Anyways the OEM ones will be just fine for me.

#27 ·
When I put my springs on I installed these splash guards. I didn't drill any additional holes...yet. When I get a chance to wash my car on an off day, I'll re-evaluate the guards and see if I need an additional hole in the plastic. So far so good though...they're not too big but they do help.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution
#44 ·
There was a change. You want the newer number. 95489815. Those are the ones I installed. I had them painted to match.

They are quite dimunitive but work well with the aerodynamics of the car. They also don't look like an afterthought from Kazakstan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.