Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400. - Page 11
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400.

3rd Gear
    Ok thanks for the quick descriptive reply. I ask all these questions because when I lookup those numbers @ Gm parts direct they say they are for the verano & cruzebut all makes & models from diesel cruze to the 2.0 verano. I think thecruze diesel has bigger rotors than a 1.4 turbo stock. So is it an error on GMdirect site? Here are a few links & once again thanks for input guys

Dust shields #13324458 at $12 and #13324459 at $13

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/13324459

SPLASH SHIELD - 2013 Buick Encore (95286840)

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/buick/encore/95286840/2013-year/base-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/brakes-cat/brake-components-scat/?part_name=splash-shield

PS: I think I got the part number for the new caliperbracket bolt from GM 11546339 that we would need for this upgrade
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-GENUINE-GM-OEM-DISC-BRAKE-CALIPER-BRACKET-MOUNTING-BOLT-11546339-/361450180898?hash=item54281c1122:g:~uoAAOSwAuNW7h0 H&vxp=mtr

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    There is everything you need. The splash shields are for a diesel Cruze from what was said earlier in this thread, everything else is Encore/Trax parts. They may be common with other GM vehicles as well, but that's what I know works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bostonboy likes this.

Banned
    Not so fast. The mounting holes are the right distance center to center but the Encore bracket uses 14mm bolts. The mounting holes will need to be drilled to accommodate. The drill I used is 35/64" just under the 14mm size. Because the drilling process is never perfect, this size drill bit was perfect. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO TAKE THIS STEP, STOP RIGHT NOW. You also need a socket for the large nut on the axle in 32mm.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    I hope last question what's the difference from these rotors part number 13502060 $77.52 & 23118342 $55.82?? they both fit the chevy trax. I think GM rotors come in a painted coated & non-coated rotors. is this the difference from these two?

ROTOR | Genuine GM | 13502060

ROTOR | Genuine GM | 23118342

Look into using the high quality EBC Brake rotors. Nothing against GM, but they do buy from the lowest bidder. Everything I have ever used from EBC has been top quality and I will be installing EBC pads and rotors on my Cruze and my son's TDI soon.
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by jenymai View Post
    Not so fast. The mounting holes are the right distance center to center but the Encore bracket uses 14mm bolts. The mounting holes will need to be drilled to accommodate. The drill I used is 35/64" just under the 14mm size. Because the drilling process is never perfect, this size drill bit was perfect. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO TAKE THIS STEP, STOP RIGHT NOW. You also need a socket for the large nut on the axle in 32mm.
    This is has been covered multiple times if you would read.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonboy View Post
    I hope last question what's the difference from these rotors part number 13502060 $77.52 & 23118342 $55.82?? they both fit the chevy trax. I think GM rotors come in a painted coated & non-coated rotors. is this the difference from these two?

ROTOR | Genuine GM | 13502060

ROTOR | Genuine GM | 23118342
    I already covered this several posts before and I stated that they are the same coated rotor. The more expensive one is from Korea, the cheaper one is from Mexico. Talking closely with parts reps I have not heard much good of parts coming from Korea.
    bostonboy likes this.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf04 View Post
    I already covered this several posts before and I stated that they are the same coated rotor. The more expensive one is from Korea, the cheaper one is from Mexico. Talking closely with parts reps I have not heard much good of parts coming from Korea.
    I don't know how I missed that whole write up. maybe to many pages up on my screen @ once. I reread it it was a no brainer. thanks again.

Look into using the high quality EBC Brake rotors. Nothing against GM, but they do buy from the lowest bidder. Everything I have ever used from EBC has been top quality and I will be installing EBC pads and rotors on my Cruze and my son's TDI soon.
    all my race and street bikes have ebc on them.

Quote Originally Posted by pandrad61 View Post
    all my race and street bikes have ebc on them.
    It's good stuff for sure!!! I've been very happy with their products and so have many guys I know.
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)