Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400. - Page 12
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400.

Handbrake Released
    EBC definitely has good parts. I had their pads on my motorcycle. For people looking to order the factory parts I thought it would be nice to know what can be used since they weren't posted in the original post.
    LadyT likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Set I went with, rotor same size a OEM, but it sure feels better that the O.Ebrakes.jpg

Learning about my Cruze Champagne Jam's Avatar
    I lived in Reno/Sparks Nevada since 1962.
    7,500 mile update. Lots of mixed driving. From a run to Portland from Reno up I5 to twisty 2 lane. A good amount of city driving.
    Very happy with the brakes, no issues noted. Long down hill stretches with confidence. Thanks to all the people who liked this thread and also the ones who viewed the thread.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

10,000 miles on the brake upgrade now. I don't even think about the brakes. They are a seamless part of the car and driving experience. That is the best possible outcome. If every time you drive, you get reminded that there is a change. That would ruin the swap. I am thinking that they will out last the stock setup because of the increased pad and rotor area. Cheers!
    Blasirl likes this.

Handbrake Released
    Not sure if the 16" spare you mentioned was a full size spare or not, so just wanted to make sure if these bigger brakes fit with the stock 16" LT rims. I need new rotors so I may try this mod.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT
    2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
    1993 Pontiac Grand Am

The spare tire I used was the stock cruze 16" compact spare.
    Hope this helps.
    PAChevyCruze likes this.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by PAChevyCruze View Post
    Not sure if the 16" spare you mentioned was a full size spare or not, so just wanted to make sure if these bigger brakes fit with the stock 16" LT rims. I need new rotors so I may try this mod.
    I'm running the stock 16" wheels with the brake upgrade. They work just fine and no interference.
    Champagne Jam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf04 View Post
    I'm running the stock 16" wheels with the brake upgrade. They work just fine and no interference.
    That is good to know.
    How did the upgrade go? Do you have anything to add for people making the swap?

Learning about my Cruze minnesotafats13's Avatar
    I just wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that the caliper carriers are backordered across the US. First, I checked with GM Part Direct and in typical fashion they screwed up. They didn't let me know they were backordered. I then went to my local dealership and had them check across the nation and found two places in California that had them. I then scoured the internet looking on eBay, Amazon, etc. only to have them get crushed in shipping from the one place that had them. I ended up having to buy calipers and carriers from a salvage yard for a lot more than I wanted to. That would be part number 13372779 for those following along. I am still coming in under the $400 quoted here, but I was hoping to be all in for around $260.
    2012 Cruze 1LT
    Grocery Getter

1989 IROC-Z
    Foot powered|LS1 Brakes|Wilwood Prop Valve|LS1 Master Cylinder|Aluminum Driveshaft|LS1 3.42 Rearend|Adj PHB|Adj LCA|LCARB|Koni Struts|Koni Shocks|Adj Caster/Camber Plates|STB|10 Spoke SS Wheels|PHB Relo Kit|Adj TA|SFC|B&M Short Shifter|Magnaflow|Ported Plenum|Typical 3rd Gen...on jack stands just not in my yard

I am surprised that no one is using the Centrix rotors off Rock Auto. I will be doing this soon, but will use those rotors and pads. The cost of those alone will make it quite a bit cheaper.
    Blasirl likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)