Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400. - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400.

Learning about my Cruze Champagne Jam's Avatar
    I lived in Reno/Sparks Nevada since 1962.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandrad61 View Post
    Go figure when i hear handles better then a red line i raise my brow lol
    I put 40k miles on mine and I did wring it out more than a few times. The problem with the Redline was, at it's core
    it was an Ion. Yes they put in a great motor, one of the best 4 cylinders GM ever made. They added bigger brakes and
    better sway bars. But all those things are band aids to a basic econo box chassis. It was great in a straight line. Turning, not so much.
    Oh, and it sucked in the wet. Forget about driving it in the snow. So much torque it would just sit there and spin the tires.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    I like this idea for the front brakes! Very OEM Looking. Any options for the rears?

Learning about my Cruze Champagne Jam's Avatar
    I lived in Reno/Sparks Nevada since 1962.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_corr View Post
    I like this idea for the front brakes! Very OEM Looking. Any options for the rears?
    Thank you. My Cruze came with discs in the rear. The problem for the rear brakes is the emergency brake.
    If you have the drums, get the upgrade to stock discs. Upgrade for the discs? Anyone know?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

im not super knowledgeable but didn't the cobalt ss share the same basic chassis?

Touring Champion
    im not super knowledgeable but didn't the cobalt ss share the same basic chassis?
    Yes, they're both Delta platform, and most of the parts are interchangeable. The Cobalt SS/TC had the benefit of suspension tuning on Nuerburgring, though. But it's easy enough to upgrade to all that '08+ FE5 stuff - that's what I'm running on my Cobalt.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

i wouldn't mind a cobalt ss but for the $ the cooper s looks like a better deal or take a cheaper miata and fix it up.

Touring Champion
    i wouldn't mind a cobalt ss but for the $ the cooper s looks like a better deal or take a cheaper miata and fix it up.
    The Cobalt SS is far faster, and surprisingly, nicer inside. The interior in the Minis are pretty horrifically built.

SS/TCs seem to hold their value a little better - but you can get an SS/SC for cheap. Then it's a cheap upgrade to the '08+ struts/shocks, a smaller pulley, bigger injectors, an exhaust and a tune. Boom.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

ehh ive ridden in a few cooper S and to be honest i like the interior, very comfortable and soooo much room for driver and passenger. ive not had seat time in a cobalt Ss so i cant comment and truly compare. plus very fun lil car. performance wise i think the two are in the same class but size wise the cooper cant compare to a larger vehicle like the cobalt

Touring Champion
    ehh ive ridden in a few cooper S and to be honest i like the interior, very comfortable and soooo much room for driver and passenger. ive not had seat time in a cobalt Ss so i cant comment and truly compare. plus very fun lil car. performance wise i think the two are in the same class but size wise the cooper cant compare to a larger vehicle like the cobalt
    Performance-wise? Not really...SS/TCs have been known to run into the mid-13s when driven properly, stock. Cooper S of the same vintage might be able to run high 14s. The Mini really doesn't weigh much less, but is about 90HP down on power.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

In the straight line numbers maybe so the ss is better but im also looking for track performance and overall vehicle. the mini is safer, more sold so better parts availability, they have a great cult like following, and the interior is great imo. now i would enjoy driving the cobalt ss in a turbo and see how i like it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)