Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400. - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Bigger brakes for the Cruze under $400.

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pandrad61 View Post
    In the straight line numbers maybe so the ss is better but im also looking for track performance and overall vehicle. the mini is safer, more sold so better parts availability
    Around Nuerburgring, the Cobalt SS/TC ran an 8:22.85, and held the production car record for FWD vehicle for quite some time. The ('08) John Cooper Works S (so, the better version), ran it in 8:35, 13 seconds slower. The SS/TC was also 4 seconds faster around VIR than the JCW.

And also, comparing safety ratings, you're not talking very different at all.

Cobalts are so easy to find parts for, you hardly have to try. And they're dirt cheap, to boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

hmm may have to look around see if i can drive one see how i like it. The ball and chain needs a new car since she is using my 95 grand Cherokee for work and that thing is a gas hog. we are looking into small car classes so its a coin flip of a miata cooper s ( wont do the john cooper works. not worth the crazy cash) or a cobalt ss. of the 3 i would prefer the miata since its RWd and cheaper but she still has not made her mind up.

either way since i fix the darn thing i get to autocross it lol

Touring Champion
    Definitely go drive one, you won't be disappointed. '09+ got no-lift-shift, as well.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I was reading car & driver about it and they liked it. unfortunately could not use it in a 0-60 test since there rules say you have to clutch in and lift. if given the choice i prefer a miata since its light weight, super easy to modify, parts galore, in all honesty best fir for her since she does not need a lot of room. she carries a backpack and that's it lol. i like that the Ss and Cooper come boosted from factory and are easier to get more power but then you run into grip issues.

Learning about my Cruze
    Do you know specifically what 15 Cruze the dust shield is off of? Did it end up being from a diesel or any 15 Cruze?

Learning about my Cruze Champagne Jam's Avatar
    I lived in Reno/Sparks Nevada since 1962.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzncannada View Post
    Do you know specifically what 15 Cruze the dust shield is off of? Did it end up being from a diesel or any 15 Cruze?
    I think the diesel, the parts listing did not say. It cryptically said for 16.
    Use the GM part numbers to be sure
    Dust shields #13324458 at $12 and #13324459 at $13 from GM Parts Now
    Blasirl likes this.

Any upgrades for the brakes on the Diesel Cruze? Or just pads and rotors like EBC or something like that...
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

Learning about my Cruze Champagne Jam's Avatar
    I lived in Reno/Sparks Nevada since 1962.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tobin View Post
    Any upgrades for the brakes on the Diesel Cruze? Or just pads and rotors like EBC or something like that...
    The Diesel has a bolt pattern of 5x115. You might find all kinds of cool rotors for that. I don't know the caliper mounting hole distance.
    Research is half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Definitely go drive one, you won't be disappointed. '09+ got no-lift-shift, as well.

I think that's crazy. The interior of the mini is poor compared to a cobalt? Never would have described it that way. I went and test drove a TC cobalt and hated the interior. Felt like everything was falling apart, like every GM car from the 2000's It might be faster on a road course, but in autocross they get beat up by stock base mini all day long on most course designs.

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 170-3tree View Post
    I think that's crazy. The interior of the mini is poor compared to a cobalt? Never would have described it that way. I went and test drove a TC cobalt and hated the interior. Felt like everything was falling apart, like every GM car from the 2000's It might be faster on a road course, but in autocross they get beat up by stock base mini all day long on most course designs.
    I did perceived quality for automotive interiors for three years, so judging interior quality was my job for that time.

The older minis had an absolute garbage interior (my boss there had one, and it was always a topic of discussion). Sharp parting lines, poor fitment of (too many) parts, terrible ergonomics, inconsistent/large gaps, poor flushness conditions, and just as much hard plastic.

Cobalt's aren't great, I'm not saying that - but neither are Minis.

But what do I know, I only got paid for that...
    Last edited by MP81; 02-25-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)