suspension quality degrading? - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: suspension quality degrading?

Formula One Champion
    Looks Like Mevotech.com??
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Looks Like Mevotech.com??
    Yes they are Mevotech's and they are the only ones that are grease-able which is strange that a grease-able joint is not option with the other brands on the market.

Learning about my Cruze
    Commuting to down town Baltimore for 2 years really accelerated the wear on mine. Just before I change the struts/shocks and end links, I did a quick left/right/left/right while driving at say 30-40mph, the car felt so unstable I thought it was going to tip over. Not just the ride quality that is affected by worn parts, its a genuine safety issue if you have to swerve suddenly.
    jblackburn likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT RS Auto Topaz Blue
    ZZP intake, Forge BPV, BNR actuator, BNR tune, Ultra Racing strut bar, Konig Maxxim Winner 17x7, Bilstiens, 35%/25% tint, blacked out trim, sharkfin antenna

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T
    Fully restored, 274ci stroker, 71mm turbo, 10sec sleeper

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Mine still turns on a dime and all that stuff feels great, just hearing that clink is driving me nuts.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Ah, looks like Michigan - except we had holes on overpasses that you could see through to the road below...on I-75. In Detroit.

Our struts/shocks are still completely fine at ~90k miles, but the roads around us usually aren't horrific. If they are, we'll change the route.

Haha I know what yoour talking about, seen a few crazy ones on M10 on my way to Detroit.

Hazlitt777 is offline [OP]
    1st Gear
    So let's talk what are best aftermarket brands and "styles" for the Chevy Cruze? I'm looking for a softer ride if there are any shocks and struts that will deliver that along with long term durability. Thanks.

1st Gear
    I ended up installing the Gabriel brand. Got struts and shocks for a total of $311. My dad and I installed them. The ride is definitely better.

After 78,000 miles neither of the back two were working anymore. Couldn't tell with the front because I bought the whole strut assembly and didn't want to disassemble the old one. Kind of dangerous. Didn't have that equipment. But based on the "new ride" I think all four were toast.

Any thoughts on the quality of Gabriel shocks and how many years I might get out of them? 50,000?

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by Hazlitt777 View Post
    I ended up installing the Gabriel brand. Got struts and shocks for a total of $311. My dad and I installed them. The ride is definitely better.

After 78,000 miles neither of the back two were working anymore. Couldn't tell with the front because I bought the whole strut assembly and didn't want to disassemble the old one. Kind of dangerous. Didn't have that equipment. But based on the "new ride" I think all four were toast.

Any thoughts on the quality of Gabriel shocks and how many years I might get out of them? 50,000?
    We used some on a Liberty. They lasted about 4 years/40k before we replaced them again. Didn't push back once compressed at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    We used some on a Liberty. They lasted about 4 years/40k before we replaced them again. Didn't push back once compressed at all.
    Still probably better than these:

The best part? They, seemingly, were never attached up top (or at some point were removed...but semi-re-assembled underneath). They came out, from the bottom, looking exactly like that - washers, bushing and nuts included.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So what would have been better? Bilstein? I couldn't get them. Waited for two months and finally canceled the order. What brand lasts the longest in your opinion?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)