How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V1 Install - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V1 Install

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Good work, you really don't need the hose clamps there. The most pressure that hose will ever be under is 1/2 a PSI unless something else is broken, so I chose not to include hose clamps in the V1 kit. It doesn't hurt to have them, just not necessary.

Looks good though! Thanks for the feedback!
    I had those hose clamps sitting around collecting dust from a previous project. I figure I put them to good use. Your correct I really did not need to use them. Again thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I registered just so I could say Thank You!
    Took me 2 half days, I let the epoxy set up over night. No more engine light! Runs great! 6 valve covers and three intake manifolds, I’m not paying Chevrolet for any more!

Driver's Ed
    After a 120 mile round trip today the oil pressure light came on telling me to shut the engine down. Three quarts blew out all over the right side of the engine compartment. Either my valve cover gasket blew on its own or the check valve isn’t releasing the pressure and blew the gasket out. Guess I’ll be back under the hood this weekend. I’m thinking faulty or clogged check valve. I hope I’m wrong.😞

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I don’t know what happened to my second post, it doesn’t seem to be on the page. I was hoping you guys would have some advice. I installed v1 kit with bnr spacer. Ran great for one day, no engine light. Third day I put 120 miles on it and it blew out three quarts of oil (I think from valve cover but not sure.) I know I didn’t install valve backwards. Do you think I got a faulty check valve? Or maybe my valve cover gasket just failed. I’m going to pull the check valve and test it this weekend. I guess I’ll order a new valve cover gasket tonight and replace that too. If i can’t fix it I’ll have to go back factory, I don’t want to do that! Any advice appreciated.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)