How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V2 Install - Page 6
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V2 Install

Driver's Ed
    With this string being very long and I have went through al of it, have done the PCV conversion with the check valve. Two days and roughly 200 miles later I have oil all over again... Has new valve cover setup installed at the same time as the check valve install.. Now what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKOPUETZ View Post
    With this string being very long and I have went through al of it, have done the PCV conversion with the check valve. Two days and roughly 200 miles later I have oil all over again... Has new valve cover setup installed at the same time as the check valve install.. Now what?
    To be completely honest It sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Mine had one at the cam sensor covers(both sensors were replaced) the oil pan, and some other seal. (Dealership covered under warranty so I’m not 100% sure of all the work) this kit won’t fix an oil leak. I assume my leaks all happened because of the faulty pcv system which put unneeded pressure on the seals before it was installed.

Driver's Ed
    Just installed this 2 weeks ago and car ran great! Now today its making a whistling noise if you take out the dipstick when running. Also first starting it up sounds like something is going to blow and goes away if you drive it for like 2 mins so thinking the turbo went bad?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chally View Post
    Just installed this 2 weeks ago and car ran great! Now today its making a whistling noise if you take out the dipstick when running. Also first starting it up sounds like something is going to blow and goes away if you drive it for like 2 mins so thinking the turbo went bad?
    The crankcase is supposed to be under vacuum. You might have a leak at the charge pipe to throttle body connection, or your valve cover might also be bad. You'll have to diagnose some more.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Guess my car has a mind of it's own because the sound went away today and dont have any codes. So guess I'll look again when it does it again lol. Also checked the valve cover and it wasnt blowing air and covering it up didn't do anything so guessing that's still good?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chally View Post
    Guess my car has a mind of it's own because the sound went away today and dont have any codes. So guess I'll look again when it does it again lol. Also checked the valve cover and it wasnt blowing air and covering it up didn't do anything so guessing that's still good?
    Potentially still good. I've noticed that the valve cover doesn't move any air if the intake manifold check valve is stuck closed or clogged.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Ok thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it does it again. And thanks for the kit!

Driver's Ed
    so i installed the V2 fix. i knocked out the orange tab. problem is i didn't shake it out. and it didn't dawn on me until i have it all back together of course. is that going to cause a problem? question 2, a couple months ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, thinking that was the issue for the oil leak. i replaced the whole valve cover, which came with another new gasket. but can i reuse the two month old gasket? other than that i think it runs better already. similar issue as another guy when i first started up, check engine flashing, stabilitrac warning, that all went away after second restart. thanks for the fix. appreciate it

Driver's Ed

questions

so i installed the V2 fix. i knocked out the orange tab. problem is i didn't shake it out. and it didn't dawn on me until i have it all back together of course. is that going to cause a problem? question 2, a couple months ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, thinking that was the issue for the oil leak. i replaced the whole valve cover, which came with another new gasket. but can i reuse the two month old gasket? other than that i think it runs better already. similar issue as another guy when i first started up, check engine flashing, stabilitrac warning, that all went away after second restart. thanks for the fix. appreciate it

DOM
    Driver's Ed
    On my 2016 cruze Gen 1 took to dealer for blowing smoke on acceleration. They told me my Turbo seals were bad and wiped out my Cat which they could fix for me for 3K.
    I replaced Turbo and Cat and cleaned out intercooler and lines. Took for test drive and Still having Same issues. in 200 miles burned 2 quarts of oil and Turbo lines are filled with OIL again.
    Is this a PCV valve problem and if so did I just ruin another turbo that will always cause the seals to leak.
    Frustrated and broke!
    If this is PCV problem I will be ordering KIT 2 from you thanks for all the engineering you did on this and the time.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)