How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V2 Install - Page 7
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How-To: GM 1.4L LUV/LUJ PCV Fix Kit V2 Install

Driver's Ed
    Thanks to Xtreme for the kit and the quick shipping. Got it all installed with no issues. Hope I got enough epoxy on the screw and washer. I will drive it tomorrow and report back.
    2012 Cruze LT auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jetjoe View Post
    Thanks to Xtreme for the kit and the quick shipping. Got it all installed with no issues. Hope I got enough epoxy on the screw and washer. I will drive it tomorrow and report back.
    You don't need much epoxy on there. One big dab on the screw is all it takes. Thanks for the feedback!
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgitu View Post
    so i installed the V2 fix. i knocked out the orange tab. problem is i didn't shake it out. and it didn't dawn on me until i have it all back together of course. is that going to cause a problem? question 2, a couple months ago i replaced the valve cover gasket, thinking that was the issue for the oil leak. i replaced the whole valve cover, which came with another new gasket. but can i reuse the two month old gasket? other than that i think it runs better already. similar issue as another guy when i first started up, check engine flashing, stabilitrac warning, that all went away after second restart. thanks for the fix. appreciate it
    Ya that stabilitrac and CEL never came back, scared me though. I was like oh boy, I really messed something up lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    What is the consensus regarding a safe, residue-free degreaser? Is Brakeleen good to go or is it going to eat the plastic of the manifold?
    2012 Chevy Cruze Eco - Black Granite Metallic with Jet Black/Sport Red interior. Man pedal included.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfAnduril View Post
    What is the consensus regarding a safe, residue-free degreaser? Is Brakeleen good to go or is it going to eat the plastic of the manifold?
    I used carb cleaner to cut through most of the gunk, followed by a Brakeleen type residue free spray. No danger of damaging the manifold.
    2012 Cruze LT auto

Driver's Ed
    I drove the car yesterday and noticed an improvement in idle quality and better part throttle acceleration response. Just that slight improvement makes the car much nicer to drive. May have to consider a tune. I'll be using the boost leak kit that I also got from Xtreme to check for any more leaks.

Iv'e already used the coolant part of the leak kit to replace the spring clamp on the radiator hose at the outlet valve with a worm type clamp. Need to get the car to the dealer for water pump replacement.
    2012 Cruze LT auto

Driver's Ed
    i put the fix in a couple months ago and yesterday the adapter that fits through the hole in the manifold came loose. just enough that it was sucking air and whistling dixie. i took it apart and snugged it down again. is there something else i should have done or missed doing originally, like thread lock or thread tape on that adapter? i have read that section over and over. it says if the rubber seal presses out youve gone too far. but it doesn't take much for that to start flaring out. maybe i need to just tighten more??

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)