Battery drain
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery drain

redheadx6 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Battery drain

Feeling so frustrated..ive been threw 2 batterys in 1 yr and i keep having a battery drian problem

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadx6 View Post
    Feeling so frustrated..ive been threw 2 batterys in 1 yr and i keep having a battery drian problem

Welcome Aboard!

I will move this post to the Gen1 Audio & Electronics from the Cruzetalk Site Issues subforum as it looks like you are not having issues posting. It would help if you give some particulars about the vehicle though.

Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable

Chevy cruze 2014 Electrical issues

<span style="font-family: Tahoma"><strong>

Last edited by Blasirl; 04-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Touring Champion
    Do you have any kind of amplifier (non-factory) or alarm?
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

redheadx6 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    No dont have any amps or extras..and ive checkd the cables to my battery also..next im going to see if the onstar fuse is the problem

Drag Racing Champion
    First thing to do would be to measure the drain. By disconnecting the + cable. Pos lead goes on bat terminal. Neg lead goes on cable. Use a meter that can measure up to 20A DC. Or if you have access to a meter with a clamp. You can measure the drain with the battery still connected by putting the clamp over the + cable.

It's not uncommon to have a bad battery. They sit on shelves for who knows how long before being put in to service.

Formula One Champion
    There is a video in the second link I posted above that will explain how to look for drains

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Drag Racing Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    There is a video in the second link I posted above that will explain how to look for drains
    There's a vid that shows SOMEWHAT how to test volt drop on the battery terminal. It doesn't explain the whole testing procedure. And doesn't explain how to test drainage.

It should also be noted that if the battery is dirty. Dirt makes a conductor also and will drain the battery. Put one terminal on the battery post and run the other terminal across the battery.
    Get enough dirt and YES you will get full battery voltage reading.

Group B Rally Champion

Some folks have reported problems getting their car to sleep properly. Locking the car helps. Also, make sure to end any Bluetooth conversations on your phone before shutting down. The radio may not go to sleep properly otherwise.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    There's a vid that shows SOMEWHAT how to test volt drop on the battery terminal. It doesn't explain the whole testing procedure. And doesn't explain how to test drainage.

It should also be noted that if the battery is dirty. Dirt makes a conductor also and will drain the battery. Put one terminal on the battery post and run the other terminal across the battery.
    Get enough dirt and YES you will get full battery voltage reading.
    Well, cough up a better one then...

Hidden Content

Drag Racing Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Well, cough up a better one then...
    I don't have any links. Sorry.

But I already explained it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)