HOW TO...Debadge** Lots of pics!!!
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HOW TO...Debadge** Lots of pics!!!

Retired Moderator CHEVYCRUZE RS's Avatar

HOW TO...Debadge** Lots of pics!!!

Materials Needed:
    -Windex or a paint friendly solvent. ( I used Windex and it worked perfectly for me)
    -Dental floss (get the good stuff) OR fishing wire
    -a gentle cloth
    -wax or polish ( last step )

Steps....(for the cruze emblem)
    #1. Spray some windex behind the emblem.
    #2. Give the solvent about 30 seconds to start chipping away at the glue or tape to hold on the emblem.
    #3. gently start with the dental floss (highly recommended) and slowly go back and forth with the floss.
    #4. after you have completely taken the emblems off with the floss spray the remainning glue with a little bit of windex or solvent and give it a wipe.
    #5. Carefully take some access glue with your fingers (BE CAREFUL...YOU DONT WANT TO SCRATCH YOUR PAINT NOW)
    #6.after completely taking off the emblems give the surface a wax job. then obviously wipe the surface with a gentle cloth.

FOR THE CHEVY EMBLEM....
    As seen in the pictures ive taken off the inner liner out of the trunk so i could get to the emblem from the inside. Take off all the screws that old the "carpet" protector (in your trunk space). Then take off the plastic cover that goes over your lock for your trunk and also take off the handle in the trunk. After these steps our complete you can now take off the chevy emblem. I squeezed the inner pins on the chevy symbol from inside the trunk with a set of needle nose pliers. Then I followed the windex and dental floss steps as i did for the cruze emblems.

P.S. I am not finished with the back yet, i am putting on the rs logo at the top left side of the car (where the temporary "r" is) By tommorow I will post new pics of the rs logo!

Thanks for your time, any questions please feel free to ask!

Cheers,
    titan2782, NuJerz2001 and NewLac like this.
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2018 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I took the letter "R" off for the record. I will show you final pics when the RS (that ive recently ordered from grafxwerks.com) is badged to the car. Plus the bowtie overlays are coming soon! Pics are on the way!
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel

HELP!!!
    Does anyone know where i could find a "plug" type of thing for the back of my car. When i took off the chevy emblem(on the backside of my car) the emblem left a hole through my trunk. Its not a perfect circle, more like a line shape and im just curious if they sell anything like this, If not i'll have to craft something up lol!
    thanks for your time
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

could you show a close up of the holes on the outside

yes for sure I will, I will upload them as soon as im finished work. Dave, I will send you a notification email to let you know when i post them,, thanks for your time hopefully you can help me with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by gfxdave99 View Post
    could you show a close up of the holes on the outside
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel

As ive seen before, someone removed the chevy symbol off of a malibu and the emblem left a perfeect circle so the guy just plugged it with a circular cap. This situation, the cruze has a "line-hole" (if that even makes sense) i will take pictures ASAP!
    thanks guys,
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel

There is no need whatsoever to to remove the trunk liner carpet or squeeze the pins with pliers to remove the chevy bowtie on the trunk lid. It will pull off very easy just like the rest of the badges. The post you made is going to confuse people and cause them to waste time and do unnecessary steps to remove the badge.

If you would have done a little reading on here instead of making 20 postings asking people about a intake that hasn't even come out yet, you would know about the slot hole in the trunk lid under the badge. I have personally posted about it a couple times and so have others.

Why did you remove the badge in the first place if you plan on adding a overlay to it and plan to keep it on the car?

Anything you use to cover up the hole will look cheesie.

The best option is to have the hole welded up and painted. Not cheap but custom rarely is.

Or perhaps a different emblem...

P.S. Don't even think about the Yenko emblem!
    Last edited by ratfink; 04-22-2011 at 12:50 AM.

I bought the overlay for the front, and took off the emblem to install another one. It was easier to do this for me + i had to change some lighting around in the car. I plan on adding another emblem so basically im showing people the easier way to re-add another badge,if they are going to take off the back chevy emblem but ya whatever you say "skills".

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
    There is no need whatsoever to to remove the trunk liner carpet or squeeze the pins with pliers to remove the chevy bowtie on the trunk lid. It will pull off very easy just like the rest of the badges. The post you made is going to confuse people and cause them to waste time and do unnecessary steps to remove the badge.

If you would have done a little reading on here instead of making 20 postings asking people about a intake that hasn't even come out yet, you would know about the slot hole in the trunk lid under the badge. I have personally posted about it a couple times and so have others.

Why did you remove the badge in the first place if you plan on adding a overlay to it and plan to keep it on the car?
    ZZPerformance.com
    Rotiform.com

1983 Fiat 124 Spyder
    1990 Corvette C4 ZR1
    2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
    2009 Chevy Savanna 1500
    2018 BMW 328x Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by CHEVYCRUZE RS View Post
    I bought the overlay for the front, and took off the emblem to install another one. It was easier to do this for me + i had to change some lighting around in the car. I plan on adding another emblem so basically im showing people the easier way to re-add another badge,if they are going to take off the back chevy emblem but ya whatever you say "skills".
    My main point is, there is no reason for anyone to have to remove the trunk liner and use pliers on the badge. Thats going to confuse people and waste their time. The prongs of the back of the badge do not hold it on in any way, they are only for alingment when the badge is installed at the factory.

You can do whatever you want to your car, its really none of my concern at all. But when you start trying to instruct others on the forum with incorrect instructions, i felt the need to set things straight.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)