How To: Replace NOX Sensor #2 (rear/post-SCR NOX sensor) P11D7
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How To: Replace NOX Sensor #2 (rear/post-SCR NOX sensor) P11D7

Reverend Red Bull

How To: Replace NOX Sensor #2 (rear/post-SCR NOX sensor) P11D7

The repair for NOX Sensor #2 is identical to the replacement instructions for the Particulate Matter Sensor with the following amendments:

1. NOX2 is the forward of the two sensor bodies.
    2. The sensor module for NOX2 is to the rear of the Fuel Filter (as opposed to the module for the Particulate Matter Sensor, which is forward of the Fuel Filter).
    3. The original part number for NOX2 is 12641557. It has been replaced by an updated part - number 12662659.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-c...te-sensor.html
    Last edited by revjpeterson; 08-01-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added P11D7 to the subject
    obermd, diesel and KpaxFAQ like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

BOOOOST!
    Thank you
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel

Reverend Red Bull
    Since I didn't mention the code in the OP, and I want this thread to show in search results for the code:

This repair is often done in order to resolve OBD2 code P11D7
    obermd and KpaxFAQ like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by revjpeterson View Post
    Since I didn't mention the code in the OP, and I want this thread to show in search results for the code:

This repair is often done in order to resolve OBD2 code P11D7
    Added P11D7 to subject.
    obermd and revjpeterson like this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 202K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 7K (Gordon), 2004 Mercedes S430 4Matic 187K (Kevin) - Going to be the daily grinder for now, but I still love my Cruze!!

Handbrake Released
    After repairing the flange connection after the SCR, I am still getting this code (cleared multiple times, no luck). Moving on to replacing the sensor. Originally I saw the part on amazon for ~$260 but it is now $300+. Got it from rockauto with shipping for $228 using discount code, will update with results later.
    obermd likes this.

Handbrake Released
    Update: Took me about 1 hr from start to finish Wednesday after work. The nut around the sensor was seized to the sensor on mine, but still came out. Used a 22mm open end wrench. So far no more P11D7! Old sensor was p/n 12641557 and replaced with 12662659.
    Last edited by LulzT1; 08-01-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Reverse p/n
    diesel likes this.

Reverend Red Bull
    Quote Originally Posted by LulzT1 View Post
    Update: Took me about 1 hr from start to finish Wednesday after work. The nut around the sensor was seized to the sensor on mine, but still came out. Used a 22mm open end wrench. So far no more P11D7! Old sensor was p/n 12662659 and replaced with 12641557.
    Are your part numbers reversed on that description? If you mean it the way you wrote it, your car was built with the newer version of the sensor, and you replaced it with the older, original version of the sensor that came on the earlier build months of the 2014 CTD.

On that seized nut, in case others run into the same problem in the future: One of my sensors was the same way (not sure if it was this one or the Exhaust Particulate Sensor). My remedy was to detach the sensor module from the far end first and let it hang freely, then let the whole sensor spin as I backed it out.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by revjpeterson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LulzT1 View Post
    Update: Took me about 1 hr from start to finish Wednesday after work. The nut around the sensor was seized to the sensor on mine, but still came out. Used a 22mm open end wrench. So far no more P11D7! Old sensor was p/n 12662659 and replaced with 12641557.
    Are your part numbers reversed on that description? If you mean it the way you wrote it, your car was built with the newer version of the sensor, and you replaced it with the older, original version of the sensor that came on the earlier build months of the 2014 CTD.

On that seized nut, in case others run into the same problem in the future: One of my sensors was the same way (not sure if it was this one or the Exhaust Particulate Sensor). My remedy was to detach the sensor module from the far end first and let it hang freely, then let the whole sensor spin as I backed it out.
    My bad, yes they were backwards, updated my post to correct it.

Yeah I thought about hitting it with PB blaster but I was 95% confident the sensor was at fault based on your experience/updated pn/repairing flange with no luck, so I just let the wires twist around a few times being the sensor is junk and if not, I couldn't return the new one anyway. But if I were to temporarily remove the sensor, I would do as you said and remove sensor body to allow for rotation without twisting the wires.
    revjpeterson likes this.

Driver's Ed
    You can add P229E as a code that may involve replacing the sensor. This code crops up when among other cases, the wiring is damaged. You don't realize how bad 55 mph sucks until that's all your car will go for a while.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Driver's Ed
    I have a 2014 Diesel with 27,000 miles on it which was purchased in November, 2014. I have had to replace the NOX sensor 2 times and the check engine light has come on again. I don't have a reader, but, the folks at Autozone said it is out for the 3rd time. Does Chevy have an expected life for the sensor? It seems crazy to have to replace a $200+ part every 10,000 miles or so. Any thoughts?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)