2019 Silverado Review: All-Around Letdown
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By neile300c
  • 1 Post By Snipesy

Thread: 2019 Silverado Review: All-Around Letdown

Tomko is online now [OP]
    Super Moderator

2019 Silverado Review: All-Around Letdown

I just read this guy ripping GM a new one. I must say, it sure seems like new GM pulled another old GM again. I think we all hoped for better.

What happened to the GM that broke the mould with the GMT400?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Ulrich
    GM's franchise pickup truck is the most disappointing "all-new" vehicle I've driven this year. Aside from the utter face-plant of its styling, this Silverado reeks of cost-cutting and profit-padding. After two weeks in the Chevy’s embrace, I kept imagining a cigar-clouded boardroom atop GM headquarters in Detroit in which top executives said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Ulrich
    The Silverado is good enough. Most of our loyal owners aren’t even looking at Ford or Ram. We own these guys. And let’s face it, if we were relying on profits from the Bolt, Volt, Dolt, whatever, we’d all be out of work. We’re going to mint money with this truck, and nobody’s going to know the difference.”
    2019 Chevrolet Silverado Test Drive Review: GM's New Full-Size Pickup Truck Is an All-Around Letdown - The Drive
    Tomko

Current Fleet:
    2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
    2008 DTS Lux III (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
    1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
    1996 Impala SS (21.5 years / 27,878 miles)
    1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)

1984 6000 STE (first car)

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Seems as if this guy does not like GM. I know several people that own the new 19's and love them. My future son-in-law, just bought a new Trail Boss, just like the red one in this guys write up, and I must say it is a very nice truck. The RAM and Ford are ugly to me, and many other people I know also. I myself am right the opposite of this guy, the Ford interior is terribly ugly to me, and the RAM's infotainment system area is way to big and just overdone. GM's is a lot more simple and easier to use. You don't need all that crap in a truck, or any vehicle for that matter. They are made to be driven and used, just more stuff to keep your attention from being focused on the road.

This truck has grown on me. I like the front end styling myself, don't care so much for the rear styling, but it is not as terrible as this guy states. I own an 18' GMC Sierra SLT with the 8 speed tranny, and yes it does take some getting use to, coming from a 6 speed, but it is not as terrible as this guy states. It reminds me a lot of how the tranny operates in my daughters 13' Cruze, which took some time for me to understand that it is set up to get to high gear as soon as possible.

Point being that everyone has opinions of what they like, just glad that this guy does not make the decisions for GM. Heck, I could write a book about what I think RAM and Ford got wrong with their trucks. If you add up sales for Sierra and Silverado, you will see that GM is the best selling truck on the road for many years, not Ford, so they must be doing something right.
    Last edited by winks79; 10-27-2018 at 09:37 AM.

3rd Gear
    I have a 17 Ram, Tradesman model. Which is basically a base model. The new Ram's interior is light year's ahead of the old Ram and the new Silverado's. They need to do a refresh quick of the interior to catch up. But overall, it's a good truck.
    Snipesy likes this.

Off-Road Champion
    Meh, looks fine to me.

What’s the big deal?
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With 09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivergoer View Post
    Meh, looks fine to me.

What’s the big deal?
    I will tell you right now given the choice of complimenting or being negative about something most people will pick the later. Especially on the internet.
    Rivergoer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)