Windows 7 Upgrade 2020 - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Windows 7 Upgrade 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Cruze View Post
    I'm surprised this Laptop has lasted 10 years, the heat is incredible and every now and then it just can't take it and turns off, signs of things to come no doubt? Thanks for the comments all!
    In those ten years, did you ever take it apart and blow the dust out of it???

The amount of crud that builds up inside them, whether they be laptops or all-in-ones or traditional beige-boxes is astonishing.

And if you pick your hardware and software well, you can keep things alive for a long time - my Solaris server is around fifteen years old, it has only had disks replaced, everything else still works.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by grs1961 View Post

The amount of crud that builds up inside them, whether they be laptops or all-in-ones or traditional beige-boxes is astonishing.
    About 5 years ago my company's IT Department was going to throw away a 15-inch flat panel iMac (circa 2003--the "iLamp" design) due to it repeatedly experiencing kernel panics. I was asked if I wanted it, so being a Mac guy I said "Sure!"

This computer pretty much ran 24/7 in a clean production facility, but when I took it apart the air intake vents were CLOGGED with dust. No wonder it was having problems! After cleaning out the vents it ran fine. It was still going strong after 5 years when I retired it about a year ago.

Eddy Cruze is online now [OP]
    World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grs1961 View Post

And if you pick your hardware and software well, you can keep things alive for a long time - my Solaris server is around fifteen years old, it has only had disks replaced, everything else still works.
    No if anything I bought a Chill pad that blows crap back into it! I know this PC is on its last days, its 100 degrees outside today, the computer is probably 200 degrees, I'm just surprised it still works so well with the only repair being a hard drive replacement.
    plano-doug likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)