GM (non) marketing - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GM (non) marketing

I did see a TV commercial specifically for the Gen 1 Diesel Cruze, and they were actually driving in said car. This was probably 4 years ago now.
    2018 Cruze Turbo Diesel 1.6L 9T50 LT
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L AF40-6
    (Sold) 38.2MPG DIC Lifetime Average

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by TDCruze View Post
    I did see a TV commercial specifically for the Gen 1 Diesel Cruze, and they were actually driving in said car. This was probably 4 years ago now.
    Real people, not actors version:

"Oh my gosh, it sounds like a little tractor!" It's the little car that can!

*facepalm*
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Autocross Champion AutumnCruzeRS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TDCruze View Post
    Real people, not actors version:

"Oh my gosh, it sounds like a little tractor!" It's the little car that can!

*facepalm*
    Thats what we said at the Lordstown meet when they introduced the diesel to us all for the first time.
    obermd, jblackburn and plano-doug like this.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Touring Champion
    I love the idle noise of the 1st gens - it really throws people off when they walk by. I've seen so many double takes, it makes me laugh.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    Can anyone here remember the last time they saw a GM commercial for any vehicle where the actor in the commercial was actually "driving" the vehicle. I've seen a lot where they're admiring them, either from outside or sitting in one while parked but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one being driven.

This seems to me to send a subliminal message that GMs are supposed to be looked at and not driven.
    That's because they are becoming collectors items <GRIN>
    obermd likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Handbrake Released
    obermd and jblackburn like this.

Off-Road Champion

I sort of think GM may not be advertising because they think they have an old business model with cars burning gas or diesel and they are trying to transition to an electric car and truck manufacturer? I am not opposed to electric at all, but if I want to drive to California I want to be able to do it efficiently. The recharging stations are not in place to do that very well yet. I see lots of GM ads with these stupid awards which I really don’t care about and see lots of ads for 50k trucks and suvs that their margins are high on. I don’t want to spend 50k on a transport vehicle, it goes to basically zero in 10 years, horrible investment.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 10k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 78k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    I am not opposed to electric at all, but if I want to drive to California I want to be able to do it efficiently. The recharging stations are not in place to do that very well yet.
    This is why the Volt was and still is the optimal "EV". Until there are as many recharge stations as gas stations, and I can recharge in the amount of time it takes for me to fill up my tiny 8.9 gallon Volt tank (which gives me roughly 400 miles of range on gas alone), then it just doesn't make sense.

I don't imagine this will be the case for quite some time - and they killed the vehicle that could deal with it perfectly. Partially because they didn't bother to even advertise it.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    I am not opposed to electric at all, but if I want to drive to California I want to be able to do it efficiently. The recharging stations are not in place to do that very well yet.
    This is why the Volt was and still is the optimal "EV". Until there are as many recharge stations as gas stations, and I can recharge in the amount of time it takes for me to fill up my tiny 8.9 gallon Volt tank (which gives me roughly 400 miles of range on gas alone), then it just doesn't make sense.

I don't imagine this will be the case for quite some time - and they killed the vehicle that could deal with it perfectly. Partially because they didn't bother to even advertise it.
    I've seen Gen2 Trax(2020Trailblazer) prototypes with Voltec powertrain....My engineer friend couldn't/wouldn't tell me what market it was for, but GM hasnt abandoned the tech.

Touring Champion
    That makes me very happy to hear - it's something that could definitely be expanded to the rest of their lineup, changing up the battery size and engine size depending on the application, like what they did with the CT6 PHEV. It also works very well in the hybrid application of the Malibu.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)