GM (non) marketing
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GM (non) marketing

obermd is online now [OP]
    Administrator

GM (non) marketing

Can anyone here remember the last time they saw a GM commercial for any vehicle where the actor in the commercial was actually "driving" the vehicle. I've seen a lot where they're admiring them, either from outside or sitting in one while parked but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one being driven.

This seems to me to send a subliminal message that GMs are supposed to be looked at and not driven.
    TDCruze, plano-doug and Rivergoer like this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Handbrake Released
    Honesty, I'm just happy they arent using the cartoon trucks like Ford is doing now. They must have too much frame flex to record a real truck going over a grassy incline, lol.
    obermd, TDCruze and guuyuk like this.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

I don't much care for Subarus, but I really think they have the best commercials today. They sell the cars as in your life for the long haul, for an adventurous/growing family.

Toyota's commercials show people having fun in Camrys and RAV4's, but we all know that's a lie.
    guuyuk likes this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Toyota's commercials show people having fun in Camrys and RAV4's, but we all know that's a lie.
    And a blatantly see-through one at that.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

obermd is online now [OP]
    Administrator

I don't much care for Subarus, but I really think they have the best commercials today. They sell the cars as in your life for the long haul, for an adventurous/growing family.

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    And a blatantly see-through one at that.
    Thus my point - Toyota shows people having fun in their cars. GM shows people looking at them.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Touring Champion
    The newer Silverado commercials do show people using their trucks, likewise with the GMC MultiPro on the Sierra.

But have I seen a commercial for much else being driven? Nope.

Volt: never advertised. Cruze Diesel? Only ads I ever saw were for the Gen 1, and in car magazines. Equinox/Terrain Diesel: nobody even knows these exist. Never seen any kind of advertisement for the Bolt, either.
    obermd likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

4th Gear
    Lamenting lack of advertising for diesel versions of the Cruze and Equinox is silly. Doubly so to expect they would advertise them. They don't advertise the Duramax, they don't advertise specific engines for any of their vehicles and I can't remember the last time they did.

I do agree (and mention to my wife everytime one comes on) that the current commercials with the cars just being looked at, and all the stupid focus group commercials are retarded. I just yesterday saw a commercial for the Blazer, and they've been on the lot where I work for weeks and weeks.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

I just yesterday saw a commercial for the Blazer, and they've been on the lot where I work for weeks and weeks.
    Because any one that is interested by them is probably turned off as soon as they see the idiotic MSRP for one with a few options compared to EVERYTHING else in the same class (non-luxury class, anyway). A RS with a few options is nearly as much as a Edge ST with a few options, or well into Q5, X3 (nearly the 6 cyl base price), etc territory...and nah.

Once they slap a good $5K+ on the hood, they might start selling quicker.
    Last edited by jblackburn; 05-09-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4th Gear
    I just yesterday saw a commercial for the Blazer, and they've been on the lot where I work for weeks and weeks.
    Because any one that is interested by them is probably turned off as soon as they see the idiotic MSRP for one with a few options compared to EVERYTHING else in the same class (non-luxury class, anyway). A RS with a few options is nearly as much as a Edge ST with a few options, or well into Q5, X3 (nearly the 6 cyl base price), etc territory...and nah.

Once they slap a good $5K+ on the hood, they might start selling quicker.
    The RS they have here is $48k. It's black which has to be the worst color for the RS, and it doesn't even have the good looking 21" wheels from all the media. Stupid.

Even the base models area tad spendy. A base 2.5L 4cyl "Blazer Cloth FWD" is $35k.
    Last edited by Ma v e n; 05-09-2019 at 02:45 PM.

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    G.M. Marketing and Advertising (if not the same thing) made this Country Great. Obviously GM's focus & vision over the last 60 years has suffered. I can't think of anything on display at my local G.M. showroom I would really want

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)