Buy a Chevy Cruze now or wait?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MP81

Thread: Buy a Chevy Cruze now or wait?

Stedek97 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Buy a Chevy Cruze now or wait?

I test drove a Cruze last week and was very impressed with it. My main motivation for buying a smaller car is for gas mileage. I own a large Chevy passenger van and drive about 400 miles a week. Realistically, if I had another car I would only drive the van maybe 2-3 times a week. But since the van is my only means of transportation I spend close to $200 a week just on gas. Going rt to the post office costs me $5! In my research I see that the Cruze is coming out with a diesal for 2013, and there is also talk of a electric/gas engine, like the volt, going into the cruze within the next couple years. So my dilemma really comes down to what is important to me, which is saving money on gas. If I wait for the diesal engine, I'm not sure if it will help me much since it will probably be priced a couple thousand higher than a standard model, plus most of my driving is based around my neighborhood, not highway. Am I correct in that a diesal is a great option for highway but does not perform as well in city driving? Also, will the increase in price justify the extra 10 miles per gallon that the diesal is estimated to get?

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    If I were you based on your regular driving routine, I would get the gas version. The diesel is great and has awesome HP and torque values for it being a diesel engine but the MPG of the diesel would be a benefit on the highway and not so much in the city. But this is all personal preference. I don't see it worth paying a few thousand extra for the diesel model and then paying more at the pump.

Touring Champion
    This original post is like five months old...

...but that said, why does it seem like it should have been posted about five or six years before that?
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)