Able to do manual regens now
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Able to do manual regens now

sparkola is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

Able to do manual regens now

I finally got around to updating my OTC Genisys Evo scan tool to latest software and low and behold a manual regen is available. wooHoo!!!!!!
    obermd, diesel, TDCruze and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
    I finally got around to updating my OTC Genisys Evo scan tool to latest software and low and behold a manual regen is available. wooHoo!!!!!!
    That's pretty cool, how did u update it, is there an online patch?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    obermd likes this.
    2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Cargo Van
    2015 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L, Tungsten, Black Leather
    Hidden Content
    Retired fleet:
    2011 Ford Escape/54,000 km/ trade in for a new 2015 CTD -first new car
    1994 Golf TD/450,000 km/ trade in for a new 2011 Escape
    2005 Dodge Neon/130,000 km -wife's car
    1995 Plymouth Neon/130,000 km/totaled
    1991 125cc Minsk motorcycle/12,000 km
    1981 Dacia 1410 Sport/70,000 km -first car

1st Gear
    Have you actually done a manual regen? Please confirm when you have.
    Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cruz15 View Post
    Have you actually done a manual regen? Please confirm when you have.
    Thank you.
    I second that.
    2018 Cruze Turbo Diesel 1.6L 9T50 LT
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L AF40-6
    (Sold) 38.2MPG DIC Lifetime Average

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Retired Moderator

This is AWESOME news, pending confirmation of course. The trick is, that you have to get the car into a state where it requires manual regen in order to test. This might help:

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-g...ip-dealer.html
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 202K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 7K (Gordon), 2004 Mercedes S430 4Matic 187K (Kevin) - Going to be the daily grinder for now, but I still love my Cruze!!

1st Gear
    I had my car in the dealer, they said they had to do that other manual regen from the P249D code after the recall, after the appointment they said the car is all good for now and they had to order a sensor for DPF pressure. I checked with the LX and GMX Pids they didnt do a regen, the soot load was at 15 when I went in and its at 18 now so now the car wont regen and they didnt bother to tell me or they didnt bother to do the regen? I have to call them back I guess.
    Last edited by Cruz15; 12-18-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Retired Moderator

I had my car in the dealer, they said they had to do that other manual regen from the P249D code after the recall, after the appointment they said the car is all good for now and they had to order a sensor for DPF pressure. I checked with the LX and GMX Pids they didnt do a regen, the soot load was at 15 when I went in and its at 18 now so now the car wont regen and they didnt bother to tell me or they didnt bother to do the regen? I have to call them back I guess.
    Take it back and tell them "uhhh, you forgot to do the regen"
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 202K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 7K (Gordon), 2004 Mercedes S430 4Matic 187K (Kevin) - Going to be the daily grinder for now, but I still love my Cruze!!

1st Gear
    The car is at 21 Grams of soot. Cruzator has seen it start after it hit 22 grams so hopefully it will regen soon. At about 700 miles right now since the last one.

Retired Moderator

The car is at 21 Grams of soot. Cruzator has seen it start after it hit 22 grams so hopefully it will regen soon. At about 700 miles right now since the last one.
    22 was when mine started after the recall work was done.
    Cruz15 likes this.

sparkola is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    This is AWESOME news, pending confirmation of course. The trick is, that you have to get the car into a state where it requires manual regen in order to test. This might help:

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-g...ip-dealer.html
    Yes I'll have to wait for the winter to pass a little bit here so I can put my 50 Hp tune back in. That caused me to have to have a dealer regen last year. Prolly happen again. It has two options in that menu on the scan tool. Service Regen and Allow Regens which I'm presuming the latter to reset the ecm after its been plugged. I don't run any of the ScanGuages or anything like that. Actually I was pretty lazy for about 22000 miles and just kept reseting the MIL for a number 2/ number 3 EGT sensors not jiving till I got a code for number 3 performance. So I changed number 3 and haven't had a CEL for about 6 weeks.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)