14 Cruze TD. Hit 100k miles and decided i was sick and tired of taking the car back in to dealer for emissions related check engine lights. So i removed my dpf and egr, tuned the car with race tune from oz tuner. then i still didnt like the exhaust note, so i deleted the scr as well. overall performance is very good. its literally like a different car. the low rpm (1000 - 2100) remains about the same, but 2100rpm + has so much more power. i used to prefer manual slap shift when trying to get the most out of the car, but now i just leave it in drive and it takes off. if you pull out and just ease a little more than 1/4 throttle you are likely to chirp the tires. granted, its no race car, but that torque is unbelievable and its extremely fun to drive.
so here are some of the questions i had before i did my mod, to which i could find no answers at the time. also some info i think could be useful after my first 1500 miles with tune.
1. Does the Race tune get rid of the 124 MPH speed governor. - NO, it does not
2. Does the fuel economy get better? -NO, at least not for me. It could be just the winter fuel, but i have had SUBSTANTIAL loss of fuel economy. im lucky to average 35mph on highway at 55 mph cruise control. 25 mpg on country roads.
3. Do you have to physically remove the egr from the vehicle and install backing plate, or can you just unplug it. -I just unplugged mine, and with the tune, had no issues with drivability or cel.
4. Does the mod+tune get rid of the lag coming from a stop? - YES!! i hated that stupid huge lag that my cruze td had, come to a stop sign and hit the throttle and 2 seconds later you start moving. With this tune, there is barely any lag at all. you hit that throttle, youre moving.
5. Does the tune change any of the transmissions programming? - I believe it does, i have noticed a fair difference in the way the trans shits and behaves at times. All for the better, IMO. Also i do not have the delay/slamming into gear issue ive stated in previous threads.
Forewarning...After the tune and complete straight pipe, this car puts off a hefty diesel exhaust smell. some people may not enjoy it, but i do!
The car seems to have its good and bad days. I dont quite understand it yet, but sometimes i get on the throttle and that car just GOES. Other times i get on the throttle and it still goes, but feels slightly hindered from what it did earlier that day. then later on itll be right back on track. nothing that is concerning to me as an 'issue,' just seems like it has its days.
The cars exhaust note sounds awesome, IMO. Its no where close to being "ridiculously loud," i feel its the perfect level. Its loud enough to make gear heads turn to see what's passing by, but not loud enough that you're "that guy" starting your car and driving thru the neighborhood at night.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them below. Id love to help with whatever i can. I made some videos of the delete and install as well as some driving and 0-80 videos. Check em out!!!!