Transmission Replacement Issues
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Transmission Replacement Issues

Driver's Ed

Transmission Replacement Issues

I bought my 2014 Diesel in February of 2018 with 47k on it. As it sits today (10/8/18) it has 72k on it.
    A few weeks after I bought it, I took it back because of a click coming from the front left corner on downshifts, or when stepping off the throttle, or when I put the car in park and it lurched forward. It's always there. Cold or warm, rain or shine, it clicks. The dealer shrugged it off, and said it was fine so I just lived with it and the awkward transmission behavior I haven't gone back there since. Well, over the course of the last few weeks the ride quality has worsened, and despite 4 brand new Michelins, two four wheel alignments and having the tires balanced twice (most recently on Friday) it's still jittery on the road and it still makes a very concerning noise. I did tighten the driver's side axle nut once and it went away for about two hours and it's been back ever since. I went out with a friend this weekend and when I was backing out of her driveway, I put the car in drive and it SLAMMED into gear, insanely hard. I went and let it cool for a few hours and the ride home was perfectly fine. It did it twice more that day and hasn't since. However on the drive to work, I noticed that tinny little click becoming much more prevalent. It also sits at just about 2k RPM when it's running at 55-70mph. I have an appointment with my dealership tomorrow for their transmission tech to go for a ride with me.

If I don't get this fixed, I'm trading it in. So community, any thoughts?
    2014 Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel- Tungsten Metallic w/Jet Black
    AEM Intake/35% Tint/Husky Liners/Yellow OEM Fogs/SilverStar Ultra/LED Interior/Clear Corners/LED Plate Lights

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion

Have you changed the transmission fluid? It’s a drain and refill situation, I think I did that three times. My transmission on my 15 Diesel was at times quirky but I never had any issues. Traded it at 71k and changed the fluid at 65k.
    Last edited by IndyDiesel; 10-08-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    MRO1791 likes this.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 10k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 79k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Formula One Champion
    Last edited by Blasirl; 10-11-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

this is a diesel thread

your link has zero to do with a diesel cruze.

moderator :rofl:
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by boraz View Post
    this is a diesel thread

your link has zero to do with a diesel cruze.

moderator :rofl:
    Well, at least I'm human.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Well, at least I'm human.
    you humans will welcome your robot overlords
    Rivergoer likes this.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by SethMarshallAllen View Post
    I bought my 2014 Diesel in February of 2018 with 47k on it. As it sits today (10/8/18) it has 72k on it.
    A few weeks after I bought it, I took it back because of a click coming from the front left corner on downshifts, or when stepping off the throttle, or when I put the car in park and it lurched forward. It's always there. Cold or warm, rain or shine, it clicks. The dealer shrugged it off, and said it was fine so I just lived with it and the awkward transmission behavior I haven't gone back there since. Well, over the course of the last few weeks the ride quality has worsened, and despite 4 brand new Michelins, two four wheel alignments and having the tires balanced twice (most recently on Friday) it's still jittery on the road and it still makes a very concerning noise. I did tighten the driver's side axle nut once and it went away for about two hours and it's been back ever since. I went out with a friend this weekend and when I was backing out of her driveway, I put the car in drive and it SLAMMED into gear, insanely hard. I went and let it cool for a few hours and the ride home was perfectly fine. It did it twice more that day and hasn't since. However on the drive to work, I noticed that tinny little click becoming much more prevalent. It also sits at just about 2k RPM when it's running at 55-70mph. I have an appointment with my dealership tomorrow for their transmission tech to go for a ride with me.

If I don't get this fixed, I'm trading it in. So community, any thoughts?
    I got my CTD about a year ago with 45k on it. At 65K just last month I began to have harsh engagement into drive. This problem was sudden. Awhile before this began to happen I noticed on hrd acceleration that there was a noticeable quick vibration from the trans. Didn't really think much of it at that point. So I took to back into the dealer, who I actually work for, and they agreed something was wrong. GM techline instructed the tech to order and replace the valve body. They did so, and that did not resolve the harsh shift into drive, and also created a new problem of harsh shifting into all gears even when driving.

Next GM techline instructed to replace the transmission, honestly this is what should've been done at the beginning. The transmission is not too much more than the valve body! There were no other serviceable parts avialible for the trans to try.

$7,800 later.... Covered by the 9 months remaining of my powertrain.

If your local dealer is giving you a hard time, call GM directly.

There was no stock on transmissions anywhere in the US. Took about a week and a half to come in.

Touring Champion
    Given that price, I think it might be wise to get the CTD into the dealer for the stupid harsh 3-2 downshift (assuming that's what it is), as well as the "neutral-stop" issue that will inevitably come back once it starts warming up...we have about a month left on the PT warranty, and I sure as **** am not paying that after the warranty is done and the trans explodes - nor do I want to deal with replacing that transmission in the slightest myself, especially considering it'd be borderline impossible to find one.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Given that price, I think it might be wise to get the CTD into the dealer for the stupid harsh 3-2 downshift (assuming that's what it is), as well as the "neutral-stop" issue that will inevitably come back once it starts warming up...we have about a month left on the PT warranty, and I sure as **** am not paying that after the warranty is done and the trans explodes - nor do I want to deal with replacing that transmission in the slightest myself, especially considering it'd be borderline impossible to find one.
    I'd push as much as you can! I have 9 months left of my powertrain, so I had some time but since I work for the sister dealership of the Chevy dealer I purchased from, I got in right in.

The trans was on a SPAC case until they acquired one, 1and a half weeks later I had the car back

Touring Champion
    Yup - hoping it'll work out - car goes in Monday - here's to hoping it misbehaves for them.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)