ACDelco OEM Brake Parts
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ACDelco OEM Brake Parts

MP81 is online now [OP]
    Touring Champion

ACDelco OEM Brake Parts

I'll be doing front brakes on the car (we're over 90k miles, so the pedal is getting a bit low - it's time), and I just want to double check that I'm going with the proper parts (I think I am, based on the listed dimensions further in the specs, but there are about 450,000 different brake parts on Rock Auto haha).

I'm going to go with the ACDelco GM Original Equipment (not Advantage or Professional, these are the actual OE part):

Pads: ACDELCO 1711123 {#13412809}
    Rotor(s): ACDELCO 1771128 {#13502057}

Should be the right parts, just wanted to check before I buy.
    IndyDiesel likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Drag Racing Champion
    If you have drum brakes. Check and make sure the rears are adjusted. That will make the pedal low. You can grind the front brakes down till the rotors have nothing left and still have a good pedal. Yes. I've seen people do that a time or 2.

Old fluid would be another cause. It don't last forever. Although I haven't seen it be as much of a problem on cars as I've seen on motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    If you have drum brakes. Check and make sure the rears are adjusted. That will make the pedal low. You can grind the front brakes down till the rotors have nothing left and still have a good pedal. Yes. I've seen people do that a time or 2.

Old fluid would be another cause. It don't last forever. Although I haven't seen it be as much of a problem on cars as I've seen on motorcycles.
    why would he have drums?
    revjpeterson likes this.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    @Tomko didn’t you say once there are two kinds of ACDelco brake pads/rotors for the Cruze...the ACDelco branded pads/rotors sold as OEM replacements and then the actual ACDelco factory pads/rotors installed on the assembly line?
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With 09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boraz View Post
    why would he have drums?
    Don't most Cruze's in the rear? Mine does. Or maybe you're making a musical joke reference.

MP81 is online now [OP]
    Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    Don't most Cruze's in the rear? Mine does. Or maybe you're making a musical joke reference.
    All diesels have discs out back - and larger discs all around.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    his signature says he has a diesel

his question is in the diesel section

diesels dont have drums
    revjpeterson and MP81 like this.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

Drag Racing Champion
    And we learn something new.
    plano-doug likes this.

Reverend Red Bull
    I've been looking into parts to do brakes on my Diesel, probably later in the summer. My go-to method for checking if they're a Diesel brake part is to look up the specs on the rotor and see if the bolt pattern matches (115mm or 4.528in). I've also noticed that there RockAuto and Amazon seem to find a better variety of rotors and pads if you search under the Buick Verano or Cadillac ELR. They share a chassis with the Cruze, but they use the heavier suspension and 115mm bolt pattern that our Diesels have.

It looks like a lot of databases are giving the same pads for both the gas and Diesel Cruze, so I have been leaning toward going with pads that are listed on both the Cruze page and the Verano/ELR pages so that if there are any advantages to the pad for the Diesel over the gas, I'm getting those advantages. If I knew 5 years ago what I know now, I would have pulled the pads on my car when it still had 3-digit mileage and written down or photographed the part number before it was obscured by wear/corrosion over the years.

Right now, my leading candidates for the parts to use are the Raybestos coated Street Performance rotor with Bosch QuietCast Ceramic or Centric PQ Pro pads.
    Last edited by revjpeterson; 04-15-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    boraz and Rivergoer like this.

Just had the brakes replaced at 65k due to much traffic in my area. I looked at the price for the parts and the OEM pads are much more expensive than the ACDelco professional pads. It might bite me, but I went with the cheaper pads. The rotors were all OEM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)