Rough running when cold
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rough running when cold

oreo382 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

Rough running when cold

After I filled my tank with local Co-op diesel on May2 it has been running really rough until warmed up.It misses,stumbles when trying to accelerate and the engine vibrates at idle.The mileage has gone from 31 to 25mpg (all city). It seems to point to fuel but i'm wondering what issue would the fuel have? water? low cetane? winter blend? I usually use Petro Canada diesel and have had no problems up till this last fill.There is no check engine light.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    You could try opening the drain valve on the fuel filter to see if it's all water, but I can't imagine that is really getting in the fuel, as that is the purpose of the fuel separator.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

oreo382 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Update.A rep from Co-op emailed me and said they take fuel quality issues very seriously.They will get the stn. manager to test the tank for water and also check the pump filter.In addition he said if I still have that fuel in my tank (which I do) they can test that (probably depends on the station's findings).Overall i'm very impressed with the concern they have expresssed.He also let me in on a little info regarding diesel fuel,he stated that the fuel delivered to co-op is the same as that delivered for Shell and Petro Canada.So much for arguments which fuel is better.Anyway I hope this isn't some issue with some component on my car after complaining about fuel.I guess once I hear their findings I will be able to know that point.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    You could try opening the drain valve on the fuel filter to see if it's all water, but I can't imagine that is really getting in the fuel, as that is the purpose of the fuel separator.
    I’m not really sure how much water the separator gets each pass but I’m sure it’s nowhere near all of it.
    A hella surreal diesel Cruze.

oreo382 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Update.The rep said they found no water in their diesel tanks.Last evening I took my grandson to a soccer game out of town.1/2 hr. highway drive.Car coughed a bit next morning but nowhere near previous days.Maybe the thing is coked up,mostly city running this winter.Car was usually run for a good 1/2 to 1 hr. but there were quite a few 10 min. trips too.Time to get out and give it a good beating and see what happens.

Drag Racing Champion
    Put some 911 in the tank.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)