8 codes for cel and occ. traction control
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8 codes for cel and occ. traction control

SKULL is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

8 codes for cel and occ. traction control

Po171
    Po106
    Po15a
    Po15b
    Po507
    Po69e
    Po1101
    Po171

And I get the service traction control from time to time. I was reading the sticky for the leading pcv valve cover issue. I have the 500 rpm rough idle sometimes stall issue like the pvc thread. Got a little oil around the oil cap and get about 6-8 mpg less then I use to when I bought it. Just wanted to double check that this sounds like the same problem before I throw money at it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

year, engine, model?

Super Moderator

I'll assume this is a 1.4T only because I've never read of the P0171 coming up from the 1.8 gang.

Based on your engine operation description, I'm inclined to agree the cam cover/PCV failure is likely.
    Remove the plastic spark plug/coil cover, start the engine, locate the PCV breather hole (glued in disc area) and put your finger tip against it.
    If the valve has failed there will be vacuum present at the hole.
    If vacuum is present, the cover/valve assembly is a 5year/100k warranty part so you may have a no charge repair coming your way.

The remaining codes are likely resultant and will not return once the P0171 is resolved.......BTW....make sure the dipstick is fully seated....a unseated dipstick can create this code as well.

Regarding the ABS light......I suspect you may be experiencing a result of the high resistance ground cable that has been identified by Chevrolet.
    The replacement is covered by a ten year warranty extension and probably should be undertaken before any further time is wasted for diagnosis.

Good luck!

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

SKULL is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    sorry I forgot to mention. 2012 1.4t 6 speed. okay ill have to give it a try and ill make the schedule for my water pump recall and see if the dealer will take care of the pcv to if it is under warrenty

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)