2011 chevy cruze 6 speed eco
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2011 chevy cruze 6 speed eco

rnnhoover is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

2011 chevy cruze 6 speed eco

U0140, P2227, P2228, P0420, P0299. Ive replaced many parts to include the turbo all the lines coming in and out, rerouted the check valve on the intake manifold, MAF sensor, baro sensor, map sensor, turbo boost sensor and probably more just cant think of any more at the time. I know the P0420 is an exhaust leak/gutted catalytic converter i created when replacing the O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. I gutted the catalytic converter because i thought maybe it was bad then changed the rear O2 sensor and ended up having to cut the exhaust and pull it off to remove the O2 sensor because it wouldnt come out. I pulled the brake booster hose out as well and blew smoke with my vapor cig in there with no visable leaks, dont know if that would replicate a smoke test to the extent it needs to but afterwords pulled the intake hose off and there was smoke in there (so i think it worked) Any questions and ill do what i can to answer them. I will appreciate all the help i can get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    What is the actual question?
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Driver's Ed
    Why it wont boost over 4 psi

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    You have done a lot! What are the symptoms you're having? As in actual running problems?

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rnnhoover View Post
    It is possible the bypass valve spring has gotten weak, but I would wait for more techs to chime in, I am not a mechanic.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    It is possible the bypass valve spring has gotten weak, but I would wait for more techs to chime in, I am not a mechanic.
    Im getting all the codes as posted above, with a mechanical boost gauge showing 4 psi. This might or might not be related but the DIC is showing a average of 17 mph. The average mpg shows 29 (i believe ill check again) but i can almost see my fuel gauge dropping while driving it seems to me to be getting terrible gas mileage. I can go through about 1/4 a tank and drive at the most 80 miles.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by staticcase View Post
    You have done a lot! What are the symptoms you're having? As in actual running problems?
    Also forgot to mention that if i pull the vacuum hose off the waste gate actuator ( wont do it again as i know i playing with fire) it will boost properly. Im thinking at this point its going to be a computer issue, but just my opinion.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    The baypass valve was new with the turbo.

Driver's Ed
    I wouldn't think the wastegate spring to be bad straight from the factory, though I've seen it before...

I've had the underboost problem before but it went away, and I still have the P0420 and it makes my car run horrible at higher RPMs...

In your case, I would definitely lean towards the bcm or ECU since you changed the baro sensor already and there are two codes for it.

That being said, I feel you have two different issues going on, but it could all be stemming from a bad ECU. Not the gutted cat part, but the underboost and bad barometer readings.

Just my two cents.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by staticcase View Post
    I wouldn't think the wastegate spring to be bad straight from the factory, though I've seen it before...

I've had the underboost problem before but it went away, and I still have the P0420 and it makes my car run horrible at higher RPMs...

In your case, I would definitely lean towards the bcm or ECU since you changed the baro sensor already and there are two codes for it.

That being said, I feel you have two different issues going on, but it could all be stemming from a bad ECU. Not the gutted cat part, but the underboost and bad barometer readings.

Just my two cents.
    I appreciate the help. Is there anyway to check that spring? Something else i didnt mention is oil in the throttle body, intake manifold etc...

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)