Fuel pump problems in 2012 cruze
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fuel pump problems in 2012 cruze

littlelamb is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

I just had this happen to me on my 2012 cruze the check engine light came on and then I got 6 codes all indicating that the fuel pump has failed. The car only has 29k miles is not driven often and this seems like a defect to me because at such a low mileage for this to happen seems like it has defective parts. Mechanics
    I have spoken to have said that this should not happen at 29K miles
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed

My 2012 cruze only has 29K miles it is rarely driven and I got these codes PO627 PO23f PO25A PO69E all indicating that there is a failure in the fuel pump module. I have taken it to Chevy dealership and have not heard back about issue. But for a car with such low milage this should not be an issue. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it was covered by the powertrain warranty.

Group B Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by littlelamb View Post
    and if it was covered by the powertrain warranty.
    I think you're out of luck on that one. Reading the powertrain warranty, it's specifically excluded.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

I just had this happen to me on my 2012 cruze the check engine light came on and then I got 6 codes all indicating that the fuel pump has failed. The car only has 29k miles is not driven often and this seems like a defect to me because at such a low mileage for this to happen seems like it has defective parts. Mechanics
    I have spoken to have said that this should not happen at 29K miles
    While it shouldn't happen, it can happen. In your case the car is over five years old and time does deteriorate parts. This is why warranties have both time and mileage limits. Fortunately the fuel pump isn't that expensive and any decent mechanic should be able to drop the tank and swap out the pump.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Drag Racing Champion
    While it's nice to keep the miles off the car. It's also the hardest abuse a car can suffer.

In 1994 i bought a 78 Buick skylark. Grandma car. Had 70k miles. Car drove perfect on short trips. But when i took it for a roadtrip the first weekend i had it. Tranny started slipping in 3rd gear. 50 miles from home. Had to limp it back home in second gear. Fortunately, the trans was a TH350. Pretty common trans and i was a mechanic. Labor was free and trans was cheap. Dealer i bought it from paid for half the trans.

Driver's Ed
    update it is the fuel module and even the mechanic is saying it should not have happened with such low milage. Trying to work with GM now to see if they will cover the part or even partially cover because repair is going to cost me 600 dollars if they do nothing

Driver's Ed
    It is the fuel module and even the mechanic said they would talk to GM because this should not happen on a car with only 29K miles on it .

Administrator

We actually have a thread here on how to drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump in the tank. If you have a lift and the right tools it's not that difficult a job - most of the quoted $600 is labor.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

2nd Gear
    It is the fuel module and even the mechanic said they would talk to GM because this should not happen on a car with only 29K miles on it .
    Is it the fuel pump driver module or the fuel pump assembly? $600 sounds expensive either way.

Driver's Ed
    There are plastic baffle/supports, that are spring loaded inside tank. They come loose and get under the sending unit float. This will show you still have fuel and set ALL these codes. Horrible design and Chevy should be doing a recall soon.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)