Cruze owners take note: PCV Valve failure again! Chevrolet When Will You Fix This??? - Page 6
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cruze owners take note: PCV Valve failure again! Chevrolet When Will You Fix This???

I keep hearing about the PCV problem but so far I've not had it with mine. I just crossed 100k and am wondering if I should go ahead and do the fix before it happens and causes other problems like the main seal sucking in. For the mechanics out there whats your opinion? Should I do this as a PM item or just wait? I've seen others that report 200K and have not had the issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    Funny you should say that...

The misfire wasn't because of the corroded sparkplug, but because of a weak connection between the coilpack and the spring. I ended up paying $162 for a replacement coilpack, and I'm more than a little angry with the dealership because of it.

I spent like $148 on a coil pack plus I had to end up buying new tools to my collection and replaced it my self. "F" the dealer when ever possible... even though I have been real lazy lately
    2012 ECO "Silver Bullet"
    OPT: 6MT, Prem Audio, Fogs
    UG: K&N SRI, Tint, UR FSB

Previous Wips:
    04 Chevy AVY(Gas Guzler), OWNd: 08-12 trade 4 ECO
    07 Dodge Charger(2.7l), OWNd:09-11 Sold
    71 Chevy Nova, OWNd:09-10 Sold
    99 Mitsubishi 3000GT, OWNd:08-09 Sold
    93 Dodge Stealth RT Turbo(Beast MODE), OWNd:06-09 Sold
    01 Dodge Neon RT Motorsports Edition, OWNd: Mar05-Dec05 TOTALED

In a desert in the middle of the land of fruits and nuts
    It's very possible that, like the seals, they were quoting the price of materials only, which would have been fine, but they did not make that clear to me at the time.

At any rate, what's done is done, and I shall get along with my life... My kit showed up, and I need a day and some dry weather to install it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    It's very possible that, like the seals, they were quoting the price of materials only, which would have been fine, but they did not make that clear to me at the time.

At any rate, what's done is done, and I shall get along with my life... My kit showed up, and I need a day and some dry weather to install it.
    My kit came in the mail today, but I had a new manifold put in under warranty literally 2 days ago. I'd kind of like to ride it out until the valve fails again, hopefully non-catastrophically, before putting in the work myself to remove and fix kit the manifold. You got me thinking that spark plug replacement might be a worthwhile investment too. I haven't inspected mine yet, but I'm at 67k miles and just had to replace manifold & PCV hose a week after buying the car due to leaks.

Question though: where exactly does the PCV nipple go when it fails and falls off?
    Last edited by 6rout; 03-10-2019 at 09:30 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)