Oxygen sensor and fuel level issues - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Oxygen sensor and fuel level issues

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    What is the question?.....several posters.

Rob
    The OP's issue. i've added all I can.

(I see I've hit the big 4k here)
    Last edited by Blasirl; 09-28-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckory View Post
    My PVC valve is hissing like this one. Maybe that is my issue. I don't have a smoke machine to check. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIzmCtO7mMY
    The P0171 being the first code, is your primary code. All codes that follow are resultant.....meaning, a result of the first code.
    The P0171 is a severe vacuum leak, the following codes are telling you they don't have enough adjustability to cover for it.
    In this example, the P015B is not a bad sensor....it is a sensor saying it is calling for a richer mixture (due to the vacuum leak) and it is not getting the result it is calling for.
    The P01101 is the sensor seeing a air source entering the engine after the mass air flow sensor.

The most common cause of the primary code on this 1.4t (P0171) is the burst valve (often called PCV) located on top of and part of the cam cover. Usually you can hear it whistling under the spark plug cover. If you remove the plug cover you will see a disc looking cap molded on top of the cam cover and will note a relief hole pointing mostly forward. Put your finger tip over the hole to stop the vacuum leak.
    The engine will immediately smooth out if the disc has fractured internally.

This means, at very least, the cam cover will require replacement but often the disc has failed as a result of a plastic check valve that is part of the intake manifold, failing......usually injested by the engine (speculation....we don't know where it really goes heh heh).

Search around or hopefully another member can give you a link to a few photos.....you will be looking down a port in the manifold once a vacuun tube is removed.
    If the valve cannot be seen, a manifold is required or else, the vacuum discwill have a rather short lifespan. Without the check valve the disc is subject to constant high vacuum loads.

Odds are the sensor you replaced was doing its job.

Rob

chuckory is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    I know what you are talking about. I saw it in another video and there is a guy who sells a work around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4WO7DYsTk. I have looked down that tube and can't see the orange valve that is supposed to be there. I figured that I replaced a perfectly good sensor last night when I saw these videos. Not a cheap fix. Do you or anyone else have the torque values for the valve cover and the intake manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The P0171 being the first code, is your primary code. All codes that follow are resultant.....meaning, a result of the first code.
    The P0171 is a severe vacuum leak, the following codes are telling you they don't have enough adjustability to cover for it.
    In this example, the P015B is not a bad sensor....it is a sensor saying it is calling for a richer mixture (due to the vacuum leak) and it is not getting the result it is calling for.
    The P01101 is the sensor seeing a air source entering the engine after the mass air flow sensor.

The most common cause of the primary code on this 1.4t (P0171) is the burst valve (often called PCV) located on top of and part of the cam cover. Usually you can hear it whistling under the spark plug cover. If you remove the plug cover you will see a disc looking cap molded on top of the cam cover and will note a relief hole pointing mostly forward. Put your finger tip over the hole to stop the vacuum leak.
    The engine will immediately smooth out if the disc has fractured internally.

This means, at very least, the cam cover will require replacement but often the disc has failed as a result of a plastic check valve that is part of the intake manifold, failing......usually injested by the engine (speculation....we don't know where it really goes heh heh).

Search around or hopefully another member can give you a link to a few photos.....you will be looking down a port in the manifold once a vacuun tube is removed.
    If the valve cannot be seen, a manifold is required or else, the vacuum discwill have a rather short lifespan. Without the check valve the disc is subject to constant high vacuum loads.

Odds are the sensor you replaced was doing its job.

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I do not have specs. but all are in inch lb. Very low settings for plastic parts.

I am told by the gang at the dealer I hang out at the the newest generation manifold has far more robust retention of the valve. I guess GM ( Chevrolet and Buick) got tired of buying manifolds for a two bit check valve.

Rob
    jstahliv likes this.

chuckory is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Thanks

chuckory is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Thanks for getting Rob to post on here. He confirmed what I thought I had to do. Parts are ordered.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)