2013 Chevy Cruze - 65k Miles - If you are thinking about buying a Chevy... - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 2013 Chevy Cruze - 65k Miles - If you are thinking about buying a Chevy...

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKid View Post
    A moderator that isn't a die hard Chevy yes man. I appreciate your honesty and decency good sir.
    That's how the mod team is drawn. Some forums haven't grasp that cars can break and dealerships can be the worst experience of your ownership man woman or whatever is the 2018 thing is to be. They go in and delete anything that sheds a bad light on the car. If we took that approach here there would be 0 negative cable post or coolant smell leak post to search for.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKid View Post
    Is Chevy the only manufacturer that does the predatory practice on lower-income buyers? No. Of course not. But, that does not justify the Chevy's choices to participate in the practice, nor their sloth in addressing the issues. It also doesn't justify berrating the OP as some of the earlier commenters had, for voicing discontent at being a victim of this practice. Discontent shared by thousands of other Cruze owners, based on the sales volume of this car, and the ubiquity of the issues.
    No lots are out there but in my personal life experiences Dodge is well up there. It took me about 75K miles to ditch my 13 Eco Cruze but my brand new Neon was traded in barely 9000 miles due to dealership issues. Apparently a Best Buy radio install was the cause for a right rear drum locking up and a slew of other idiotic things. Meanwhile I got GM to replace radio speakers around 58K miles under extended warranty but couldn't justify it on the radio that barely works from 12k miles up to trade in. My current car is a Honda but it doesn't break much. My dealership issues are now them wanting $80-$140 oil changes on a 4 cylinder non turbo non Acura. The last time I had the change oil message I bit my lip and made the appointment. I work too many hours to do it and Hondas literally count how many miles you drove past the oil change light. being a lease and every car I have had breaks catastrophically I accepted the price. I go there and they literally had the doors to service locked so we couldn't get into spend that $80. They just walked around as we called and didn't even inquire why I didn't "show up." I just get the generic you car may need service schedule an appointment emails. As least with GM OnStar literally told them my miles and they had a legit idea when they asked for me to come in.

OP,

Sounds like a Craigslist beater for the time being if you do or don't feel it's worth fixing your car. GM's major flaws aren't always the car, lots of times they have a simple fix but the dealerships tend to take the shortcut easy route and make a 1 time job a reoccurring thing. Then you have the ones who shortcut and still charge the diagnostic fee anyways. For me and my 13 the list was about as long or even longer but they all happened early in the ownership. Luckily I was around here 96% of my ownership and seen what all goes wrong with the fixes so I could be like PI 0000 and TSB 00000 is what you might want to look at for this case. After the tech turnover started getting out of hand there was no history of me giving them a direction to look and they do it. I'd be like this is leaking air and shouldn't be leaking air and their reply is "no CEL, its fine". Dead red cat later I got it replaced at the end of extended warranty and traded the car in. If the dealerships were better I would have gladly stayed in the GM family.
    Last edited by Merc6; 11-24-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Haha. This is my first brand new car and it has been to the dealership 4 times in the first year for issues. Twice for loosing, Bad harmonic balancer, bad purge valve, oil pan was leaking in 2 different places within the bumper to bumper warranty and the only people who have touched this car is the dealership on all maintenance. My dealership offered 2 year free maintenance on the cruze which was just oil changes and multi point inspections. My first 4 oil changes were free. All these issues within the first year... you cant blame wear and tear and improper maintenance with my documented service records well in range by the dealer. It's kind of a lemon but not. Bad design and cheap parts...the longevity is not there.

Now the car is leaking oil from the valve cover, throttle body, harmonic balancer area/water pump area. The tensioner is greasy and black. I have white water like stains in my engine bay from coolant leaks that I'm keeping to show Chevy the coolant is leaking and I'm not draining it. They refilled my tank and drove around and detected no change in coolant level and said no actions needed What's funny is in the paperwork they said they filled the reservoir back to fill....at least some proof coolant was low when I brought it in both times lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shroomie; 12-06-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Driver's Ed
    The vehicle just reached 56k miles and has numerous leaks in numerous locations and I'm still paying on the car for another 3 years....

Looking forward to the infamous pvc valve leak/burst dist that is very common problem with these cars.

It's fun to drive, but get rid of it after warranty or deal with constant repairs and frustration. Might as well be a gas guzzler when you factor in the time and $$ to keep it going.

Last edited by Shroomie; 12-05-2018 at 10:39 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomie View Post
    The vehicle just reached 56k miles and has numerous leaks in numerous locations and I'm still paying on the car for another 3 years....

Though this hasn't costed me $$ to chevy yet, its costed me time, gas, missing work etc and now I have a list of things going on and not in warranty anymore... lord have mercy... lotta problems for a new car. We will see what the dealership says on these new issues and if they will cover any of my coolant problems I was telling them about earlier within the bumper to bumper.

The outcome of this diagnosis(which i have to pay) and if they will help me out or leave me flying a kite will determine if GM will be in my future for a vehicle.

In the past I've owned a 96 civic at 60k miles drove to 180k... regular maintenance and still ran good.

99 Altima from 79k to 220k...same as the civic but 2 wheel bearings went bad, that was it....

And the gas mileage wasn't far off from the cruze...20 years older and way more reliable.

Last edited by Shroomie; 12-05-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Driver's Ed
    Rant end lol
    Last edited by Shroomie; 12-06-2018 at 07:20 PM.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now