Jerky/force when coming to a stop
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plano-doug

Thread: Jerky/force when coming to a stop

Drape28 is offline [OP]

Jerky/force when coming to a stop

I have an automatic 2015 Cruze with 60k. Just noticed about a week ago when I’m coming to a red light or any stop, there is like a force pushing my car and it brakes harder for a second then does it again right before complete stop. Like I’ll be breaking normally and all of a sudden it’s like I step on the brake harder, but I’m not. It does it twice every time and it happens every time I stop. The rpms go up and down during these two jerks. Only between the 0 and 1 tho. I’m taking it in on Thursday but what the frick could be causing this?? It feels like a tranny issue and not the actual breaks. I had new rotors and pads put on only a couple months ago

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Drape28 View Post
    I have an automatic 2015 Cruze with 60k. Just noticed about a week ago when Im coming to a red light or any stop, there is like a force pushing my car and it brakes harder for a second then does it again right before complete stop. Like Ill be breaking normally and all of a sudden its like I step on the brake harder, but Im not. It does it twice every time and it happens every time I stop. The rpms go up and down during these two jerks. Only between the 0 and 1 tho. Im taking it in on Thursday but what the frick could be causing this?? It feels like a tranny issue and not the actual breaks. I had new rotors and pads put on only a couple months ago
    I think you're feeling the transmission downshifting. Not sure that feeling it is indicative of a problem. When you take it in, hopefully they'll tell you it's nothing to worry about.

Doug

Ravenkeeper likes this.
    -- Silver 2013 Cruze 1LS
    -- Copper 2012 Cruze 2LS

Group B Rally Champion

It does sound like a downshift, but I'm not sure why you're feeling it. Are you able to observe your high/center brake light? (I can usually see a bit of glow around it at night.) I'm wondering if your brake pedal sensor is acting up. If your brake lights are not coming on, that's a major clue.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)